PSY Disputes The ‘One-Hit-Wonder’ Label In Studio With Toro
Although it seemed like PSY had the entire world galloping around at one point in time, all the hype surrounding him and his catchy track has died down fairly quickly.
Photos: PSY In Studio With Toro
“After ‘Gangnam Style,’ I hesitated to answer the question ‘what’s next?’. Literally, right after that short period of hesitation they started calling me ‘One-Hit-Wonder’ all over the world. I was like, ‘what do you mean ‘One Hit Wonder’? I’ve already been in this industry in my country for 12 years,’” said PSY.
This seasoned singer continued, sarcastically embracing the fifteen minutes of fame label.
“When I do some jobs for 12-years and then you’re called ‘One-Hit-Wonder,’ that feels really great,” he said.
Critics are going to have to scratch that title, because PSY has a brand new single out, the equally catchy and just as fun to dance to, “Gentleman.” The video had already received over 60 million views on YouTube just after two days of its release. Currently the video has over 360 million views and counting.
“I was so surprised, honestly, with this ‘Gentleman’ timing wise. I thought this time was defensive – to defend and try hard to maintain what I got from ‘Gangnam Style” – that was my only goal. My maximum goal with ‘Gentleman’ was being number 10 on Billboard and making a hundred million views on video. But it’s far beyond that so I’m done with the song right now,” he said.
PSY’s favorite ‘One-Hit-Wonder’ is the ‘Macarena‘. What’s yours? Sound off in the comments.
-Maria Bonello, 92.3NOW/NYC
Read More Music News On 923NOW.com:
- Pharrell and United Nations Foundation Team Up for International Day of Happiness 2014
- Ke$ha Is Feeling Better and Ready to Make Music
- Musicians + Sports: American Authors on Baseball, the Red Sox and Kanye West’s Aquatic Calling
- Swingers Anonymous: Ty Bentli Was Invited To A Swingers Party! Will He Go?
- Steve Aoki ‘Cakes’ Dog Whisperer Cesar Millan After Emergency Pooch Training
- Love Expert Rachel DeAlto’s Advice: How To Find The Love Of Your Life!