Coming To Brooklyn’s Barclays Center: The MTV VMAs!
The Moonman has found a new home in Brooklyn.
After spending the last three years in Los Angeles, the MTV VMAs are heading back East, though this time they’ll have to make a few transfers or take an extra bridge (No worries, there are no tolls on either the Brooklyn, Manhattan, or Williamsburg bridges). The event will take place on Sunday, August 25 at the Barclays Center.
“From hip-hop to hipsters, Jay- Z to MGMT, Brooklyn musicians have a long history of dominating the ‘spotlight’ on MTV. Brooklyn is a cultural Mecca — the hippest, coolest place for young people across the country, and has played a crucial role in the careers of some of 2013′s biggest bands, like Fun. and the Lumineers,” Brooklyn Borough President Marty Markowitz said in a statement according to MTV.
You might have caught wind of the announcement if you followed MTV on Instagram, where the Moonman was taking selfies using the hashtag #RoadToTheVMAs during his trip from LA to BK. The Moonman made eight stops along the way, the first being LAX:
Before finding its way at the Barclays center, the Moonman stopped by MTV’s Time Square studio, rode the D Train, posed at the Brooklyn Bridge and stopped off at graffiti artist Cern One’s “Comandante Biggie” mural of the Notorious B.I.G. in Fort Greene before finally making it to his destination.
The 2013 MTV VMAs have yet to disclose who will be hosting and has a few months to go before they will announce nominees. The VMAs were hosted by Kevin Hart in 2012, following two disappointing years with Russell Brand at the helm.
Read More Music News On 923NOW.com:
- Pharrell and United Nations Foundation Team Up for International Day of Happiness 2014
- Ke$ha Is Feeling Better and Ready to Make Music
- Musicians + Sports: American Authors on Baseball, the Red Sox and Kanye West’s Aquatic Calling
- Swingers Anonymous: Ty Bentli Was Invited To A Swingers Party! Will He Go?
- Steve Aoki ‘Cakes’ Dog Whisperer Cesar Millan After Emergency Pooch Training
- Love Expert Rachel DeAlto’s Advice: How To Find The Love Of Your Life!