The movie, which stars James Franco and former Disney Channel actresses Selena Gomez and Vanessa Hudgens, has courted controversy due to the abundance of risqué themes like armed robbery, drug use and wanton sexuality over the course of an ill-fated college spring break. The film’s director, Harmony Korine, is no stranger to such cinema scandal, having helmed such contentious flicks as Kids and Gummo.
For the movie’s soundtrack, Skrillex has teamed up with film and TV music composer Cliff Martinez, the one-time drummer for the Red Hot Chili Peppers best known for scoring popular 2011 Ryan Gosling thriller, Drive.
“I think this film is going to turn a lot of heads in many ways. It was a lot of fun to work with Harmony because he gave me the freedom and trust to do whatever I wanted,” Skrillex said in a statement via Rolling Stone: “It was also super awesome having Cliff Martinez involved too. I think the work he did on Drive was spectacular and I was a big fan before I knew he was coming onto this project.”
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Win A Grill From Frank’s Red Hot
- Win A Bklyn Nets Beach Pack
- Report: Beyonce And Jay-Z Expecting Second Child
- Candice Glover Crowned New ‘American Idol’ As Finale Ratings Hit All-Time Low
- All In The Name Of Beauty: Demi Lovato On the Pains Of Body Waxing
- Justin Bieber Owes Germany Thousands For Monkey Day Care