Brooklyn’s Simplicity Talk Pop Explosion NYC & Making Music
Simplicity, an all girl R&B/Pop group from the Coney Island section of Brooklyn, NY will be performing this weekend at Pop Explosion’s Teen Music Festival at the Gramercy Theatre in NYC – hosted by 92.3 NOW’s very own Zann.
The group consisting of three sisters – the twins Star & Sha’tarr and Tasia – will be performing along side Midnight Red and a host of other celebs at what promises to be an epic night. Get all the show details HERE.
With girl groups like Destiny’s Child, TLC and The Saturdays from the UK making a comeback, Simplicity is on the right track. The girls owe their musical influences to artists like the Supremes, Mary J. Blige and Mariah Carey, with their sultry sounds and high registers.
“In our music, we just want to bring back that old feeling,” said Sha’tarr.
Although the girls usually write their own lyrics, singer/songwriter Torika helped them out on this one.
“Actually this amazing writer named Torika wrote it for us. I was really surprised when she wrote it ‘cause it was like she knew us. She wrote it right there and it was a perfect song. I was like I’m so in love with this song we gotta do this,” said Tasia.
And what female can’t relate to Simplicity’s boy dilemma?
“A lot of girls go through that. You see this guy and you really really like him and he got a girlfrind and you like oh man,” said Tasia.
Oh and did we mention that these lovely ladies can REALLY sing?
Check out Simplicity singing some sweet acapella below:
WOW! Just… WOW!
Pop Explosion NYC is in for a real treat!
Keep Up With Simplicity:
-Maria Bonello, 92.3 NOW/NYC
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Pharrell and United Nations Foundation Team Up for International Day of Happiness 2014
- Ke$ha Is Feeling Better and Ready to Make Music
- Musicians + Sports: American Authors on Baseball, the Red Sox and Kanye West’s Aquatic Calling
- Swingers Anonymous: Ty Bentli Was Invited To A Swingers Party! Will He Go?
- Steve Aoki ‘Cakes’ Dog Whisperer Cesar Millan After Emergency Pooch Training
- Love Expert Rachel DeAlto’s Advice: How To Find The Love Of Your Life!