Olly Mursis a household name in the UK, who co-hosts TV shows and releases number 1 albums. And he’s hoping that his latest single, “Troublemaker,” might lend a hand in making the U.S. just wild about Olly as well — so he tapped into a mixture of British and American influences to craft the song’s sound.
Murs has enlisted some help to break in America. For his first trip over, he joined up with his X Factor UK friends One Direction. This time around he’s doing it American style with Flo Rida, who guests on his latest single, “Troublemaker.”
But it’s hard to take the UK out of the boy and so when he stopped by Radio.com, we had to ask if there wasn’t a little bit of influence from Jamiroquai on the track. Murs immediately set us right, saying that there was but the real production vibe he was aiming to hit was Maroon 5.
“I don’t feel it’s unfair to say ["Troublemaker"] just Jamiroquai and Maroon 5 because I feel there’s lots of other artists who’ve got that same sort of vibe,” Murs explained. “I just decided to do something completely different, completely random and really just try and be creative. I’m really excited about it. The reaction from the UK and Europe so far has been amazing, as has it been in America as well. Fingers crossed it does well.”
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Battle Of The Beats: Demi & Cher vs Mariah & Miguel
- Cody Simpson On What To Expect From His New Album ‘Surfers Paradise’
- Jennifer Lopez & Pitbull ‘Live It Up’ In Sultry New Video
- Miley Cyrus Announces New Single, Keeps Quiet About Justin Bieber Collabo
- Bet They See NYC Based Rapper Kwame Darko NOW
- Miguel Lands On Fan, Bieber Booed, Swift Wins Big At Billboard Music Awards