Dirty On The Dos: 2013 Oscar’s Recap, Kanye West Hates On “Suit & Tie” & More!
Let’s get it started!
Oscars 2013: Winners, Fashion & Performers!
Seth MacFarlane was the host for last night’s 85th Annual Oscar Awards last night. It was a night full of musical performances, random funniness from the host himself, and a lot of winning surprises! The opening from Seth was really entertaining: he mentioned it was his first time hosting, and as a surprise William Shatner showed him the ropes (where random musical numbers ensued such as “We Saw Your Boobs”).
That wasn’t the only musical moments at the Oscars. The Bond tribute showed off Halle Berry aka easily the sexiest Bond girl alive as she introduced Shirley Bassey who she sang “Goldfinger”, the theme song from the same 1964 movie.
The Oscars also did a tribute to musical movies throughout the past ten years, with Jennifer Hudson belting “And I Am Telling You I’m Not Going…,” Anne Hathaway singing “One Day More” passionately, and Catherine Zeta-Jones… lip sycning her bit from Chicago. And we gave Beyonce a bad rap!
- Original Screenplay goes to Quentin Tarantino for Django Unchained.
- Best Original Song goes to Adele for Skyfall; she performed it as well.
- Best Supporting Actress goes to Anne Hathaway for Les Miserables.
- Best Director goes to Ang Lee for Life of Pi
- Best Actress is Jennifer Lawrence for Silver Linings Playbook. She tripped.
- Best Actor is Daniel Day-Lewis for Lincoln; his 3rd (which broke a record)
- Best Picture goes to Argo, presented by Jack Nicholson and Michelle Obama (via video).
Did you dig the Oscars? Or were you bored half way through? It was a mixed bag in my opinion.
Kanye West Disses “Suit & Tie” During Concert Performance
Kan-Yeezy took some time out of his gig in London on Saturday to talk a little Jay-Z and his newest single with JT, Suit & Tie by saying: “And I got love for Hov but I ain’t f***ing with that ‘Suit & Tie.”
That wasn’t the only thing he ranted about. In fact he continued to bash corporations, apparently joking about his infamous Beyonce-related VMA awards bash (Taylor Swift, anyone?), but also perhaps taking a swipe at the Beyonce’s recent Pepsi endorsement:
“Can I sell a drink for you please? So you can help me put on a better show. Please corporations. Can you please support me, Kanye West? I swear I’m a nice n***a now. I swear I’ll put the pink polo back on. I swear to you. Please? Just for three million dollars. I need it so bad. I need a new pool in my back yard. So I’ll tell all my fans your shit is cool. And if they believe in me they should also believe in you. . . . What’s my public rating now? Are people liking me again? Enough to get some money for some corporations? They forgot about the whole Beyonce thing right? Okay cool.”
There has to be some irony in there somewhere….
Here’s the video (which has swears), for your viewing pleasure.
–Bryan Carstensen, 92.3NOW
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Meet Braxton, Britney Spears’ Biggest Fan
- Cutest Baby Award Goes to John Legend Look-alike
- Watch Pharrell’s Fantasy Video for ‘Marilyn Monroe’
- New York’s Electric Zoo to Return with Stricter Safety Measures
- Justin Bieber Apologizes, Pleads Ignorance After Dishonorable Selfie In Japan
- Lorde, The National, Nas & The Replacements To Play Boston Calling