Ke$ha has always been know for her outlandish sense of style both on stage and on the red carpet. She has also been a very outspoken supporter of animal rights recently being named Humane Society International’s first Global Ambassadorfor animals. The pop star found a strange way to merge her love for fashion without harming animals: roadkill.
In an interview with 99.7 [NOW!]/San Francisco, the singer declared, “I wear pieces of roadkill. Yeah I do.”
A bit strange for an animal rights activist and self-professed cat lady, but Ke$ha explained, “I like wearing different kinds of bones and feathers but I never want to hurt the animals.”
As if that wasn’t enough, Ke$ha rationalized her professed predilection for roadkill by putting herself on the same level.
“If I were hit by a car then I would want..somebody to wear me.”
On a more serious note, Ke$ha’s website currently offers support to World Spay Day, coming on February 26 and a chance to have your pet participate in a related Pet Pageant sponsored by the Humane Society. Ke$ha’s album Warrior is out now on RCA Records.
-Bradford Hornsby, 99.7 [NOW!]/San Francisco
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- GRAMMY Nominations Behind the Scenes: Lorde Takes a Bow, Arsenio Fires Back at Kanye
- And the GRAMMY Nominees Are: Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Jay Z, Kendrick Lamar and Justin Timberlake
- GRAMMY Nominees 2014: The Full List
- John Mayer Talks New Single ‘Who You Love’ and ‘That Photo’ with Katy Perry
- Kendrick Lamar & Dr. Dre Preview New Song in Commercial
- R. Kelly Honors Nelson Mandela on ‘Arsenio Hall Show’