What Men Say, What Women Hear
I am beyond guilty of this… almost too guilty! I was reading a fun filled article about clingers, just to make sure I wasn’t one. I’m not, QUITE. I’m close, but not quite there yet. I think I’m too lazy to be a full on clinger. I’m more so just sensitive. Or at least that’s what I tell myself. But while reading the article I started thinking about what men say and how, we as women turn around what they say.
We totally hear something completely different than what we are told.
Here are a few examples that crossed my mind:
Man: You’re my girl.
Woman: We’re in love and in a committed relationship.
What HE really means: We’re good friends.
Man: Let’s hang out sometime.
Woman: I have a date tonight!
What HE really means: Let’s hang out sometime in a well lit environment with other people.
Man: You look really nice today.
Woman: He wants to stick it in me.
What HE really means: Wow, you actually didn’t wear sweatpants and a t-shirt today. Good going, champ!
Man: I was just on the phone with my mom!
Woman: He wants me to meet his parents!
What HE really means: I called my mom to borrow money for my internet bill so I can keep playing Call of Duty Black OPs with my boys all weekend.
Man: Want a ride home so you don’t have to take the train?
Woman: He wants to be alone with me!
What HE really means: I’m going the same way and I’m not that big of a douche.
Are you ever guilty of this? I know I am. That’s me being honest. It really amazes me how much I can misread what somebody is saying. Maybe I’m just pathetic, but I can’t be alone here, right?
–Zann, 92.3 NOW
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Pharrell and United Nations Foundation Team Up for International Day of Happiness 2014
- Ke$ha Is Feeling Better and Ready to Make Music
- Musicians + Sports: American Authors on Baseball, the Red Sox and Kanye West’s Aquatic Calling
- Swingers Anonymous: Ty Bentli Was Invited To A Swingers Party! Will He Go?
- Steve Aoki ‘Cakes’ Dog Whisperer Cesar Millan After Emergency Pooch Training
- Love Expert Rachel DeAlto’s Advice: How To Find The Love Of Your Life!