Deadmau5 Hit Gets Remix And New Vocals From Fiancé Kat Von D
To celebrate Valentine’s Day, the celebrity tattoo artist and Deadmau5 fiancé gave her soon-to-be husband the gift of music.
With help from Nine Inch Nails’ Danny Lohner, Kat Von D slowed down and remixed Deadmau5′s 2009 fan favorite “Ghosts N Stuff,” personalized it with a brand new set of vocals, and re-labeled it “LUVnSTUFF.”
Upon receiving the song, Deadmau5 (real name Joel Zimmerman) immediately posted the track to Facebook and commented “I’m beside myself on this one, I really am.”
Deadmau5 continued, “Truly the best gift I’ve ever received. Vocals and lyrics by Katherine Von Drachenberg… I have the best fiancé and friends EVER.”
Listen to Deadmau5’s original track featuring Rob Swire’s on vocals for similarities.
This isn’t Von D’s first musical go-round. The L.A. music-scene local surprised fans at a charity event last May with a performance of Bronski Beat’s 1984’s hit “Small Town Boy.” Von D also revealed dreams of organizing a full band some day.
–Jay Tilles, CBS Local
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Watch Beyoncé Make It Clear, She’s Not Bossy, She’s The Boss
- Skrillex Announces 2014 ‘Mothership Tour’ Across North America
- 92.3 NOW’s Jay Dabhi Releases New Single “Say Hey!”
- Rixton Talks “Make Out” Music Video & Next Single
- Frank Ocean, Diplo & The Clash Collaborate on New Track ‘Hero’
- Justin Bieber’s Wink at the End of His Deposition Could Tear This World Asunder