On Social Media, Jay-Z’s Jab Trumps Katy Perry’s Cleavage
On music’s biggest night, social media networks exploded with commentary, making the 55th GRAMMY Awards this year’s second-most popular event with close to 15.5 million interactions as reported by Trendrr, a social TV analytics provider (via Billboard).
According to the report, on social media the most-mentioned moment of the GRAMMY Awards came when Frank Ocean’s Channel Orange won Contemporary Urban Album, besting Chris Brown’s Fortune. The spike in commentary would appear to be in response to the ongoing drama between the two R&B singers, culminating in a recent parking lot altercation in Los Angeles.
A different social analytics firm, Networked Insights (via the L.A. Times), found that the most popular GRAMMY moment on Twitter alone was when Jay-Z joked about producer The-Dream’s Boyz N the Hood and “parental advisory” headgear while accepting the award for Best Rap/Sung Collaboration for the song “No Church in the Wild.” Networked Insights found that the joke elicited 116,400 tweets per minute during the live east coast telecast, a number corroborated by Twitter via Mashable.
Following Jay-Z’s joke, the second-most tweeted moment was Prince announcing Gotye’s “Somebody That I Used to Know” as Record of the Year (109,400 Tweets) and fun. winning the GRAMMY for Best New Artist (100,600 Tweets).
Neither report mentioned numbers regarding singer Katy Perry’s much-discussed cleavage-bearing GRAMMY dress or Jennifer Lopez’s exposed leg.
-Scott T. Sterling, CBS Local
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Pharrell and United Nations Foundation Team Up for International Day of Happiness 2014
- Ke$ha Is Feeling Better and Ready to Make Music
- Musicians + Sports: American Authors on Baseball, the Red Sox and Kanye West’s Aquatic Calling
- Swingers Anonymous: Ty Bentli Was Invited To A Swingers Party! Will He Go?
- Steve Aoki ‘Cakes’ Dog Whisperer Cesar Millan After Emergency Pooch Training
- Love Expert Rachel DeAlto’s Advice: How To Find The Love Of Your Life!