Today is the 13 year anniversary of the death of legendary rapper Big Pun. Big Pun passed away on February 7th, 2000 at the age of 28 due to a fatal heart attack. Pun, a NYC native was born and raised in South Bronx and passed on while living in White Plains.
He died at the young age of 28, but his time in the music industry has had major influence on modern rap and hip hop. He is considered one of the greatest MC’s of our time as well as the 19th Best Lyricist of All Time.
He released two studio albums – Capital Punishment (1998) and Yeeeah Baby (2000) plus one posthumous album called Endangered Species (2001).
Big Pun will always be remembered as one of New York’s best hip-hop artists. Keepin’ the memory alive, DJ Toro and Eutopia are dedicating the Free Lunch Mix Fix today to the legendary Big Pun.
–Jayme, 92.3 NOW
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Austin Mahone Drops Dancetastic Video for ‘Banga! Banga!’
- GRAMMY Gourmet: Josh Homme On His Kinship With Anthony Bourdain
- Kanye Rails Against the GRAMMYs Over His Lack of Nominations, Again
- Dirty On The Dos: Demi Opens Up, Gaga’s Duet With Britney & More!
- Listen to Ron Burgundy and Robin Thicke Duet on Christopher Cross’ ‘Ride Like the Wind’ for ‘Anchorman 2′
- Breakfast With Bryan: It’s Food Porn, But With A Twist! Julie’s Cantalope