Did God Keep The Lights On For Beyonce?
Apparently, Beyoncé has fans in some pretty high places.
“It’s a live television show, it’s the biggest show in America,” Beyoncé explained. “And there are so many things that can happen. God was on my side.”
Since God hasn’t taken credit for keeping the lights on for Queen B’s halftime performance, many started digging for the real culprit of the 34-minute blackout on Sunday night.
Some, like announcer and retired New York Jets quarterback, Boomer Esiason, were hell-bent on blaming Beyoncé saying that she blew the power out twice during rehearsals for her pyrotechnic-filled performance.
But a statement from the power company Energy New Orleans, which provides power to the stadium, says the “Love On Top” singer had nothing to do with the Superdome’s electrical problems. They explained that Beyonce’s act was fueled “100 percent” by generated power, “which means it was not our grid at all.” The official even said they saw a drop in power during her performance.
The local New Orleans paper, The Times-Picayune, reported that the Superdome had been having electrical problems days before the big show. But Energy New Orleans say the power loss was due to a malfunctioning breaker.
“Shortly after the beginning of the second half of the Super Bowl in the Mercedes-Benz Superdome, a piece of equipment that is designed to monitor electrical load sensed an abnormality in the system,” the official wrote. “Once the issue was detected, the sensing equipment operated as designed and opened a breaker, causing power to be partially cut to the Superdome in order to isolate the issue.”
The power company also said that the root cause of the abnormality is still under investigation.
- Shannon Carlin, Radio.com
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Pharrell and United Nations Foundation Team Up for International Day of Happiness 2014
- Ke$ha Is Feeling Better and Ready to Make Music
- Musicians + Sports: American Authors on Baseball, the Red Sox and Kanye West’s Aquatic Calling
- Swingers Anonymous: Ty Bentli Was Invited To A Swingers Party! Will He Go?
- Steve Aoki ‘Cakes’ Dog Whisperer Cesar Millan After Emergency Pooch Training
- Love Expert Rachel DeAlto’s Advice: How To Find The Love Of Your Life!