His latest single “Only You” showcases CeeLo’s pristine falsetto with foot-stomping beats and Motown flavor. Sharing the spotlight is Lauriana Mae. While her sultry voice recalls that of Amy Winehouse, Lauriana manages to put her own flavor on the track.
“It’s about two people on different paths, hoping for the best, hoping that those paths lead to each other,” Green tells Rolling Stone. “It’s like love lost or the acknowledgment of a love lost, but it’s still optimistic.”
“Only You” is the first single off CeeLo’s forthcoming solo album.
-Annie Reuter, Radio.com
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Win Grape Nuts Fit + Gym Membership
- 92.3 NOW’s Long Weekend At The Beach!
- Star-Studded Tribute Pushes Cancer Victim’s Song Toward Chart Debut
- Far East Movement Apologise For Good Day NY Fail, Knock More Stuff Over At 92.3 NOW
- Charli XCX Goes Full-On Club Kid For ‘Take My Hand’ Video
- Jennifer Hudson Rumored To Join ‘American Idol’ As Judge