His latest single “Only You” showcases CeeLo’s pristine falsetto with foot-stomping beats and Motown flavor. Sharing the spotlight is Lauriana Mae. While her sultry voice recalls that of Amy Winehouse, Lauriana manages to put her own flavor on the track.
“It’s about two people on different paths, hoping for the best, hoping that those paths lead to each other,” Green tells Rolling Stone. “It’s like love lost or the acknowledgment of a love lost, but it’s still optimistic.”
“Only You” is the first single off CeeLo’s forthcoming solo album.
-Annie Reuter, Radio.com
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Justin Bieber Asks Fans to Donate to Typhoon Haiyan Relief, Raises $600,000+
- R. Kelly Defends Chris Brown, Drawing Parallel to Muhammad Ali, MLK and Jesus
- Ty Loves NY’s Challenge To Kanye West: Donate Gifts To A War Veteran Family
- Behind the Scenes at the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show with Taylor Swift
- Breakfast With Bryan: It’s Food Porn, But With A Twist! Amy’s Shake-N-Bake
- Mel B, Snoop Dogg and Childish Gambino Join the Bitcoin Revolution