Conor Maynard Takes On GRAMMY’s® Female Nominees
Who deserves to win the Best Pop Solo Performance award at the 55th Annual GRAMMYs? It’s a tough call — the field is full of amazing hit tracks, all sung by female artists. Who could choose between last year’s GRAMMY award sweeper Adele, Kelly Clarkson, Carly Rae Jepsen, Katy Perry and Rihanna?
Radio.com sat Conor Maynard down and made him handicap the field for us — he talks about his favorites and who might take home the GRAMMY.
After a change for the 54th Annual Awards last year, which condensed the category from separate awards for male and female performers to a single category for Best Pop Solo Performance, it is interesting that all of the nominees are female.
Adele took this award home last year — in an almost all female group of nominees, Bruno Mars being the single male to make the cut. Would it be fair for her to win again on a live track? Or should fresh blood get a chance in the winner’s circle?
-Courtney E. Smith, Radio.com
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Major Lazer Teams Up with Pharrell and an ‘Aerosol Can’
- Wu-Tang Clan Fans Launch Kickstarter to Raise $5 Million For One of a Kind Album
- Interview: Zedd Puts Out a Call For a ‘Stay The Night’ Condom Confetti Cannon
- Drake Narrates a Commercial For The Toronto Raptors
- Austin Mahone Drops ‘Till I Find You,’ New Album Track Listing
- One Direction Morph Into Each Other For ‘You & I’ Video