Disney Resort Goes EDM With DJ Mashup Video
Disney Parks appear to be quietly trying its mighty white-gloved mouse hand at producing what it hopes will be viral videos using today’s hottest musical trend: Electronic Dance Music.
Last week, the entertainment giant released an EDM-style, songified ad for its Walt Disney World Resort in Florida.
Produced 1,200 miles to the north in Amherst, MA by acclaimed DJ/Producer Steve Porter, the video titled “It’s Magical” is an assembly of more than 100 video clips shot of patrons in and around the park. The mashup is reminiscent of the Gregory Brothers‘ famous songified news clips.
In contrast to Disney’s expensive prime-time television ads, videos like this may give the company a path toward reaching younger fans at a fraction of the cost. But to succeed, they must go viral. Will Porter’s remix get enough people to hit the “share” button?
– Jay Tilles, Radio.com
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Interview: Sky Ferreira On Why Men Just Don’t Get It
- One Direction Working with Good Charlotte, Kodaline on Upcoming Album
- Watch the Phone: Jay Z & Kanye to Perform Together at SXSW
- Dirty On The Dos: Bieber Dedicates SXSW To Selena & Zac Efron Wants Another High School Musical!
- Stream Skrillex’s Debut Album ‘Recess’
- Lana Del Rey Announces 2014 North American Tour