Disney Resort Goes EDM With DJ Mashup Video
Disney Parks appear to be quietly trying its mighty white-gloved mouse hand at producing what it hopes will be viral videos using today’s hottest musical trend: Electronic Dance Music.
Last week, the entertainment giant released an EDM-style, songified ad for its Walt Disney World Resort in Florida.
Produced 1,200 miles to the north in Amherst, MA by acclaimed DJ/Producer Steve Porter, the video titled “It’s Magical” is an assembly of more than 100 video clips shot of patrons in and around the park. The mashup is reminiscent of the Gregory Brothers‘ famous songified news clips.
In contrast to Disney’s expensive prime-time television ads, videos like this may give the company a path toward reaching younger fans at a fraction of the cost. But to succeed, they must go viral. Will Porter’s remix get enough people to hit the “share” button?
– Jay Tilles, Radio.com
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Ryan Lewis, Mother Talk Her Battle with HIV, New 30/30 Project
- Watch Coldplay Debut New Song ‘Oceans’
- Meet Braxton, Britney Spears’ Biggest Fan
- Cutest Baby Award Goes to John Legend Look-alike
- Watch Pharrell’s Fantasy Video for ‘Marilyn Monroe’
- New York’s Electric Zoo to Return with Stricter Safety Measures