Daft Punk To Release New Album This Spring?
[UPDATE 1/28] According to Britain’s The Guardian, Daft Punk will release an album in May.
Thomas Bangalter and Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo are the chrome-helmeted French duo known to millions as Daft Punk. Celebrated the world over, the duo powers fans’ excitement by maintaining a shroud of mystery. The less they do, the more their fans writhe in anticipation of their next move.
Fans were recently disappointed by the absence of Daft Punk’s name on the Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival line-up, making news of a new album even more exciting.
Having left Virgin, Daft Punk has just signed with Sony-owned Colombia Records, says The Hollywood Reporter, and appears to be preparing to release a new album this Spring. The announcement comes on the heals of Colombia’s partnering with dance music powerhouse, Ultra Records. Colombia Records appears to be embracing EDM as the label made news recently when it signed English synth-pop legends Depeche Mode, who had been with Mute for the majority of their career.
Before working on the 2010 soundtrack for Disney’s blockbuster Tron: Legacy, the duo hadn’t released an album since 2005′s Human After All.
A Columbia Records spokesperson could not confirm or deny the news at press time.
– Jay Tilles, Radio.com
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Deadmau5 Test Drives Race Car, Tattoos Logo on Arm
- Puff Daddy Tops Forbes’ List of Hip-Hop’s Wealthiest for 2014
- 10 Women Who Should Headline Coachella In 2015
- Interview: Iggy Azalea On Fame, ‘Fancy’ and the Unattractively Talented
- Jay Z Is Bringing His Made in America Festival to the West Coast, While Still Keeping It In Philly
- Watch Taylor Swift Surprise a Fan at Her Bridal Shower