[UPDATE 1/28] According to Britain’s The Guardian, Daft Punk will release an album in May.
Thomas Bangalter and Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo are the chrome-helmeted French duo known to millions as Daft Punk. Celebrated the world over, the duo powers fans’ excitement by maintaining a shroud of mystery. The less they do, the more their fans writhe in anticipation of their next move.
Fans were recently disappointed by the absence of Daft Punk’s name on the Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival line-up, making news of a new album even more exciting.
Having left Virgin, Daft Punk has just signed with Sony-owned Colombia Records, says The Hollywood Reporter, and appears to be preparing to release a new album this Spring. The announcement comes on the heals of Colombia’s partnering with dance music powerhouse, Ultra Records. Colombia Records appears to be embracing EDM as the label made news recently when it signed English synth-pop legends Depeche Mode, who had been with Mute for the majority of their career.
Before working on the 2010 soundtrack for Disney’s blockbuster Tron: Legacy, the duo hadn’t released an album since 2005′s Human After All.
A Columbia Records spokesperson could not confirm or deny the news at press time.
– Jay Tilles, Radio.com
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- GRAMMY Gourmet: Josh Homme On His Kinship With Anthony Bourdain
- Kanye Rails Against the GRAMMYs Over His Lack of Nominations, Again
- Dirty On The Dos: Demi Opens Up, Gaga’s Duet With Britney & More!
- Listen to Ron Burgundy and Robin Thicke Duet on Christopher Cross’ ‘Ride Like the Wind’ for ‘Anchorman 2′
- Breakfast With Bryan: It’s Food Porn, But With A Twist! Julie’s Cantalope
- Lea Michele Announces Debut Album, Releases New Song ‘Cannonball’