Ryan Beatty Tells The Story Behind His Impromptu Airplane Performance
YouTube star Ryan Beatty is used to performing for thousands but admits he still gets nerves before a gig. The 17-year-old “Hey L.A.” singer got his start on YouTube just like Justin Bieber and revealed to B96/Chicago the story behind a last minute gig on an airplane.
“I probably get more nervous for the smaller shows, but when it’s acoustic in front of a group of my supporters, it’s not as nerve-wracking,” he said.
He somehow managed to get passed this fear earlier in the week when his plane was delayed during a snowstorm and he was asked to provide some entertainment.
“I was sitting there, and one of my band members was talking to the flight attendant, and he told her I was a singer, so she was like ‘Sing in front of everybody!’” Ryan recalled. “It was nerve-wracking because I didn’t know any of these people. It was a super small airplane and I didn’t know if people were going to be grumpy about it. But they were cool, and it was a lot of fun.”
In a video of his performance we see the entire scene develop.
“Can he use the PA?” one flight attendant asked.
“No, I don’t want to use the PA it will sound all muffled,” he replied. “This is weird.”
“We have a delay, you’re a superstar. Come on!” another attendant said urging him to play.
Once he decided to sing “Every Little Thing” and the passengers looked on in enjoyment he relaxed.
“I couldn’t refuse, people at this point were in desperate need of some sort of entertainment, (the snow and wind were reaallllyyy picking up now) and so, here’s what happened,” Ryan wrote on his YouTube page.
-Danielle Clasing, B96/Chicago
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Pharrell and United Nations Foundation Team Up for International Day of Happiness 2014
- Ke$ha Is Feeling Better and Ready to Make Music
- Musicians + Sports: American Authors on Baseball, the Red Sox and Kanye West’s Aquatic Calling
- Swingers Anonymous: Ty Bentli Was Invited To A Swingers Party! Will He Go?
- Steve Aoki ‘Cakes’ Dog Whisperer Cesar Millan After Emergency Pooch Training
- Love Expert Rachel DeAlto’s Advice: How To Find The Love Of Your Life!