In fact, Lulu was upset since YESTERDAY, she sent out mass texts to Ty, Lala, Producer Jason and Phone Screener Bryan all about the audacity of one of the world’s biggest artists.
So today Lulu is putting her words to a blog and video post!
“Disappointment is what I felt when I heard Beyonce mimed the National Anthem. Being one of her biggest fans, it was a slap in the face not only to me but to her loyal fans and AMERICA! Lets be honest here, everyone was dying to see Beyonce more than anything else and to have faked it was completely insulting. Not only was it the presidential inauguration, but it was also Martin Luther Kings Day. She out shined President Obama on HIS day. Selfish if you ask me!”
“B, if you can’t stand the heat, Get OUT THE KITCHEN! I recognize that Beyonce has been extremely busy with Blue Ivy, her performance at the Super Bowl, her endorsement with Pepsi and her HBO documentary, but she did not need to sing the anthem if she was too busy. It was a special day, a special song and she disrespected all of it.” -Lulu
There you have it: Lulu’s take! So after all was said on done, we had callers give their take on Lulu’s words as well as their own opinions on Beyonce’s decision to lip synch
What is your take on Beyonce’s decision to lip synch versus Kelly Clarkson’s live performance? Was it excusable to look past it because it was cold out? If Beyonce can give that reason, how come Kelly didn’t give that same one? Sound off in the comments below!
–Bryan Carstensen, 92.3 NOW
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- And the GRAMMY Nominees Are: Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Jay Z, Kendrick Lamar and Justin Timberlake
- GRAMMY Nominees 2014: The Full List
- John Mayer Talks New Single ‘Who You Love’ and ‘That Photo’ with Katy Perry
- Kendrick Lamar & Dr. Dre Preview New Song in Commercial
- R. Kelly Honors Nelson Mandela on ‘Arsenio Hall Show’
- Watch Daft Punk’s Video for ‘Instant Crush’ Featuring Julian Casablancas