If you ever wanted to break into the world of dance music, this is your chance. The 23-year-old Swedish producer Avicii has launched his six week project titled Avicii X You that is a casting call for beat makers around the world to show their skills. Over 3,200 artists from 140 countries have already submitted more than 7,000 melodies. Want in?
Week two is all about the bassline. You can download the samples HERE from his site and rework the sounds with your own style and flair. Once done, upload it back online and join the largest music collaboration the world has seen.
The “Levels” hit maker plans to take best melodies, basslines, beats/rhythms, breaks, effects and turn them into one massive song.
Tim Bergling (@Avicii) January 16, 2013
“My main ambition with this project is to create a large, worldwide music collaboration. It will be incredibly cool to create a house piece out of so many talented artists’ different ideas,” Avicii said.
…..And it might be YOU! #aviciiixyou—
Avicii x You (@AviciixYou) January 17, 2013
In my hotel room fixing the top three melodies from all contributions for aviciixyou, almost done then its up to you guys to decide!
— Tim Bergling (@Avicii) January 18, 2013
-AJ Gordon, 97.1 AMP Radio/Los Angeles
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- New Music to Know: Drake Collaborator Sampha Brings His British Soul Across the Pond
- Today’s Dirt w/ Ty Bentli: Beyonce Drops Visual Album, Miley’s NYC NYE Plans & More!
- Beyonce’s New Album Gets Surprise iTunes Release
- Justin Timberlake, Taylor Swift, Coldplay, U2 & Jared Leto Up For Golden Globes
- Kelly Clarkson to Appear on TVs’ ‘Nashville’
- Today’s Dirt w/ Ty Bentli: Kanye’s GRAMMYs Rant, 50 Shades Goes Full Frontal & Mariah Cracks!