Colton Dixon Advises ‘American Idol’ Contestants To “Always Be Yourself”
The new season of American Idol debuted last night and we finally got to see if the fighting between Nicki Minaj and Mariah Carey was everything we thought it would be. While the two divas debated everything from Mean Girls to the accessories they could bring to the taping let’s not forget why they’re on the show in the first place: to help find America’s next star.
“I think the biggest thing I took away from the whole American Idol experience is always be yourself. Some of us learn that the hard way,” he confessed. “It’s healthy to challenge yourself, don’t get me wrong it’s a great thing.”
Colton further stressed “you know yourself best.”
“So whether it be producers or even other contestants giving you advice you have to know at the end of the day what fits you and you don’t need to stray away from it too much,” he said. “Like I said, it’s good to challenge yourself and to take on different things. It’s always smart to stay true to your roots. That’s what got you there in the first place. The judges saw that in you. So breaking that up would be a mistake in my opinion.”
The fun continues between Nicki and Mariah tonight during the two-day premiere of American Idol on FOX.
-Annie Reuter, Radio.com
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Major Lazer Teams Up with Pharrell and an ‘Aerosol Can’
- Wu-Tang Clan Fans Launch Kickstarter to Raise $5 Million For One of a Kind Album
- Interview: Zedd Puts Out a Call For a ‘Stay The Night’ Condom Confetti Cannon
- Drake Narrates a Commercial For The Toronto Raptors
- Austin Mahone Drops ‘Till I Find You,’ New Album Track Listing
- One Direction Morph Into Each Other For ‘You & I’ Video