The very unscientific study was conducted by website Confused.com, which had four men and four women drive for 250 miles using the MotorMate safe driving app while listening to a particular soundtrack. The findings were reviewed by London University psychologist Dr. Simon Moore.
Using Dr. Moore’s calculations, Confused.com has created a Spotify ‘Ultimate Driving Playlist’ of the safest songs for driving, which includes Coldplay (“The Scientist”), Radiohead (“Karma Police”), the xx (“Angels”), Lana Del Rey (“Video Games”) and Frank Ocean (“Thinkin’ ‘Bout You”).
“If you want to encourage safe driving, you want to choose your own playlist…choose music that more or less maintains your resting body state,” says Dr. Moore in a video. “So anything between 60 and 80 beats per minute. Keep the noise levels down to a medium.”
The study also produced a list of the ten most dangerous songs for driving, which includes rockers like Guns ‘N Rose (“Paradise City”) and Nickelback (“How You Remind Me”) alongside rapper Kanye West (“Heartless”), pop provocateur M.I.A. (“Paper Planes”) and even late country legend Johnny Cash (“Get Rhythm”).
-Scott T. Sterling, CBS Local
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- SHM’s Sebastian Ingrosso Stays Consistent With John Martin’s Help
- Demi Lovato Addresses Rehab Stint At Chicago Concert: ‘I’ve Gotten Through It And You Can Do It Too’
- Win Passes To “The Way Way Back” Screening
- Kanye West Recreates ‘American Psycho’ With Scott Disick For ‘Yeezus’
- Battle Of The Beats: Fifth Harmony vs Austin Mahone
- Lil’ Wayne Treads On American Flag In New Music Video