Kanye West, Skrillex And Other Celebs, Designers Aid In Sandy Relief Auction
Kanye West and Skrillex are two of many fellow musicians, celebrities and designers participating in an auction for Sandy Relief. The items donated by each creator has a personal connection and is one of a kind.
West will donate a pair of his personal, one-of-a-kind Nike Air Yeezy II sneakers. The kicks were designed, worn and signed by West for the auction. When Skrillex won three GRAMMY awards in 2012, he was wearing a WeSC jacket. The very same one from that night, also known as the “Baby Maker,” was signed by Skrillex and is a men’s size small with leather sleeves, a wool body with full zip closure, pocket trims, two waistline pockets and one left chest pocket with zip closure.
“NYC has always been like a second home to me. It’s a cultural melting pot of pretty much everything having to do with anything. The city always shows me something new, always inspiring. I’m not a visual artists, I just did some fun scribble monster on the jacket that I think somebody out there will appreciate. I just wanted to do anything I could. It’s always so so so important to stay involved in community when stuff like this happens because a little really does go a long way when everybody is in it to help,” says Skrillex.
Other celebrities making donations include Selena Gomez and Donna Karen. Gomez is donating a bottle of her signature perfume while the fashion icon Karen has donated an signed Urban Zen Paper Mache bag and signed copy of Stephan Weiss: Connecting The Dots, from her personal collection.
All proceeds will be donated to New York Cares.
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Today’s Dirt: Katy Perry Pranks A ‘Birthday’ Party & NYPD’s Twitter #myNYPD Backfires!
- A Day With DJ Toro – Coming Soon! Watch the Teasers NOW!
- Steve Aoki Announces ‘Neon Future 1′ Release Date, Madison Square Garden Show
- Watch Skrillex, Diplo, A-Trak & Dillion Francis Star in Epic HARD Summer 2014 Trailer
- Watch Kermit and Miss Piggy Go EDM in ‘The Muppets Theme’ Remix Video
- Neon Trees Relive Personal History for ‘First Things First’ Video