Kanye West and Skrillex are two of many fellow musicians, celebrities and designers participating in an auction for Sandy Relief. The items donated by each creator has a personal connection and is one of a kind.
West will donate a pair of his personal, one-of-a-kind Nike Air Yeezy II sneakers. The kicks were designed, worn and signed by West for the auction. When Skrillex won three GRAMMY awards in 2012, he was wearing a WeSC jacket. The very same one from that night, also known as the “Baby Maker,” was signed by Skrillex and is a men’s size small with leather sleeves, a wool body with full zip closure, pocket trims, two waistline pockets and one left chest pocket with zip closure.
“NYC has always been like a second home to me. It’s a cultural melting pot of pretty much everything having to do with anything. The city always shows me something new, always inspiring. I’m not a visual artists, I just did some fun scribble monster on the jacket that I think somebody out there will appreciate. I just wanted to do anything I could. It’s always so so so important to stay involved in community when stuff like this happens because a little really does go a long way when everybody is in it to help,” says Skrillex.
Other celebrities making donations include Selena Gomez and Donna Karen. Gomez is donating a bottle of her signature perfume while the fashion icon Karen has donated an signed Urban Zen Paper Mache bag and signed copy of Stephan Weiss: Connecting The Dots, from her personal collection.
All proceeds will be donated to New York Cares.
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- John Mayer Talks New Single ‘Who You Love’ and ‘That Photo’ with Katy Perry
- Kendrick Lamar & Dr. Dre Preview New Song in Commercial
- R. Kelly Honors Nelson Mandela on ‘Arsenio Hall Show’
- Watch Daft Punk’s Video for ‘Instant Crush’ Featuring Julian Casablancas
- Interview: Travie McCoy Talks Collaborating with Jason Mraz on New Single, ‘Rough Water’
- Lulu y Lala Give the Guys of Ty Loves NY the Polar Plunge Shrinkage Test