So much has happened for Austin Mahone in the past 12 months and Austin discussed his success with us.
“I got signed onto a huge record label, came out with my first two singles, ‘Say Somethin’ and ‘Say You’re Just A Friend,’ so it’s just been a great year so far.”
In 2013 Austin will be performing with Taylor Swift on her Red Tour. Austin recalled the very first time he met her.
“I met her a year ago in this little cafe. She walked in and I introduced myself. I said, ‘Are you Taylor Swift? She said, ‘Yeah.’ I said ‘I’m Austin Mahone. I do music and I’m on YouTube.’ She was like, ‘Oh, that’s so cool, keep working hard.’ Now, a year later, I’m going on tour [with her] and it’s so crazy how it all came about.”
So how exactly did Austin go from meeting Taylor to touring with her?
“I wanted to do a song with her. She was like, ‘Forget the song; let’s go on tour!’”
-Danielle Clasing, B96 Chicago
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Win A Grill From Frank’s Red Hot
- Win A Bklyn Nets Beach Pack
- Report: Beyonce And Jay-Z Expecting Second Child
- Candice Glover Crowned New ‘American Idol’ As Finale Ratings Hit All-Time Low
- All In The Name Of Beauty: Demi Lovato On the Pains Of Body Waxing
- Justin Bieber Owes Germany Thousands For Monkey Day Care