Austin Mahone Dishes On How He Met Taylor Swift
So much has happened for Austin Mahone in the past 12 months and Austin discussed his success with us.
“I got signed onto a huge record label, came out with my first two singles, ‘Say Somethin’ and ‘Say You’re Just A Friend,’ so it’s just been a great year so far.”
In 2013 Austin will be performing with Taylor Swift on her Red Tour. Austin recalled the very first time he met her.
“I met her a year ago in this little cafe. She walked in and I introduced myself. I said, ‘Are you Taylor Swift? She said, ‘Yeah.’ I said ‘I’m Austin Mahone. I do music and I’m on YouTube.’ She was like, ‘Oh, that’s so cool, keep working hard.’ Now, a year later, I’m going on tour [with her] and it’s so crazy how it all came about.”
So how exactly did Austin go from meeting Taylor to touring with her?
“I wanted to do a song with her. She was like, ‘Forget the song; let’s go on tour!’”
-Danielle Clasing, B96 Chicago
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Interview: Sky Ferreira On Why Men Just Don’t Get It
- One Direction Working with Good Charlotte, Kodaline on Upcoming Album
- Watch the Phone: Jay Z & Kanye to Perform Together at SXSW
- Dirty On The Dos: Bieber Dedicates SXSW To Selena & Zac Efron Wants Another High School Musical!
- Stream Skrillex’s Debut Album ‘Recess’
- Lana Del Rey Announces 2014 North American Tour