So much has happened for Austin Mahone in the past 12 months and Austin discussed his success with us.
“I got signed onto a huge record label, came out with my first two singles, ‘Say Somethin’ and ‘Say You’re Just A Friend,’ so it’s just been a great year so far.”
In 2013 Austin will be performing with Taylor Swift on her Red Tour. Austin recalled the very first time he met her.
“I met her a year ago in this little cafe. She walked in and I introduced myself. I said, ‘Are you Taylor Swift? She said, ‘Yeah.’ I said ‘I’m Austin Mahone. I do music and I’m on YouTube.’ She was like, ‘Oh, that’s so cool, keep working hard.’ Now, a year later, I’m going on tour [with her] and it’s so crazy how it all came about.”
So how exactly did Austin go from meeting Taylor to touring with her?
“I wanted to do a song with her. She was like, ‘Forget the song; let’s go on tour!’”
-Danielle Clasing, B96 Chicago
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Lea Michele Announces Debut Album, Releases New Song ‘Cannonball’
- Behind the Song: Robin Thicke’s ‘Blurred Lines’
- Watch: Britney Spears Plugs Her Own Fragrance in ‘Perfume’ Video
- Justin Bieber Asks Fans to Donate to Typhoon Haiyan Relief, Raises $600,000+
- R. Kelly Defends Chris Brown, Drawing Parallel to Muhammad Ali, MLK and Jesus
- Ty Loves NY’s Challenge To Kanye West: Donate Gifts To A War Veteran Family