Miley Cyrus Covers Godmother Dolly Parton’s ‘Jolene’
The shoot took place last summer, when Miley brought her band together to perform some of her favorite songs in a casual outdoor setting.
It was probably pretty easy for Miley to get permission to record one of Dolly’s biggest hits, since Dolly happens to be Miley’s godmother.
The bandmembers on “Jolene” include drummer Stacy Jones, pianist Mike Schmid, guitarists Jamie Arentzen and Jaco Curaco, and bassist Vashon Johnson.
Miley has a gutsy voice that fits beautifully with strong country material like this. In additional Backyard Sessions songs, she also does a fantastic job covering the 1970 hit “Look What They’ve Done To My Song” by folksinger Melanie Safka, and the 1950 song “Lilac Wine,” which you might know thanks to a 1994 cover by Jeff Buckley.
The recording quality on all three videos is as strong as the song selection.
- Linda Lee, 99.5 WYCD/Detroit and Kurt Wolff, CBS Local
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Jason Derulo Gets Ariana Grande, One Direction & Robin Thicke to ‘Talk Dirty’ With Him
- Breaking Down Music’s Top 40 Money Makers: The Richest, The Youngest, The Proggy-iest
- Karmin Covers Karmin’s “I Want It All”
- Dirty On The Dos: J.Lo Disses Her Exes & Is Juan Pablo The Worst “Bachelor” Ever?
- Listen to Afrojack’s Remix Of Thirty Seconds to Mars’ ‘Do Or Die’
- Susann Tries To Guess The Baddest B*tch In This HS Prom Movie For $500!