Miley Cyrus Covers Godmother Dolly Parton’s ‘Jolene’
The shoot took place last summer, when Miley brought her band together to perform some of her favorite songs in a casual outdoor setting.
It was probably pretty easy for Miley to get permission to record one of Dolly’s biggest hits, since Dolly happens to be Miley’s godmother.
The bandmembers on “Jolene” include drummer Stacy Jones, pianist Mike Schmid, guitarists Jamie Arentzen and Jaco Curaco, and bassist Vashon Johnson.
Miley has a gutsy voice that fits beautifully with strong country material like this. In additional Backyard Sessions songs, she also does a fantastic job covering the 1970 hit “Look What They’ve Done To My Song” by folksinger Melanie Safka, and the 1950 song “Lilac Wine,” which you might know thanks to a 1994 cover by Jeff Buckley.
The recording quality on all three videos is as strong as the song selection.
- Linda Lee, 99.5 WYCD/Detroit and Kurt Wolff, CBS Local
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- A Day With DJ Toro – Coming Soon! Watch the Teasers NOW!
- Steve Aoki Announces ‘Neon Future 1′ Release Date, Madison Square Garden Show
- Watch Skrillex, Diplo, A-Trak & Dillion Francis Star in Epic HARD Summer 2014 Trailer
- Watch Kermit and Miss Piggy Go EDM in ‘The Muppets Theme’ Remix Video
- Neon Trees Relive Personal History for ‘First Things First’ Video
- Avril Lavigne Tries to Go Big in Japan for ‘Hello Kitty’ Video