Jay-Z is set to party with extravagant literary character Jay Gatsby. According to producer The Bullitts, Jigga is working on the music for the highly anticipated film adaptation of F. Scott Fitzgerald’s The Great Gatsby.
The trailer was released in late 2012 and included Kanye West and Jay-Z’s “No Church In The Wild.” The music may have raised some eyebrows, but it was the tweet from Bullitts producer that solidified the connection.
“Jay-Z and myself have been working tirelessly on the score for the upcoming CLASSIC ’The Great Gatsby,’” Bullitts Tweeted. “It is too DOPE for words.”
Jay-Z and myself have been working tirelessly on the score for the upcoming #CLASSIC The Great Gatsby! It is too DOPE for words!
— THE BULLITTS (@TheBullitts) December 30, 2012
In 2007 Jay-Z released American Gangster, which was inspired by the film of the same name that stars Denzel Washington as real life gangster Frank Lucas. It was his tenth studio album.
Gatsby stars Leonardo DiCaprio as the young and wealthy Jay Gatsby. The film hits theaters May 10.
-E. Parker, CBS Local
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Dirty On The Dos: Selena’s “F” Bomb, Lindsay Lohan Is A Mobster & More!
- Breakfast With Bryan: It’s Food Porn, But With A Twist! Alanna’s Oatmeal
- GRAMMY Nominations Behind the Scenes: Lorde Takes a Bow, Arsenio Fires Back at Kanye
- And the GRAMMY Nominees Are: Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Jay Z, Kendrick Lamar and Justin Timberlake
- GRAMMY Nominees 2014: The Full List
- John Mayer Talks New Single ‘Who You Love’ and ‘That Photo’ with Katy Perry