Santa Brings Drake Stripper Pole For Christmas, “YOLO” Merch On Blast
For Drake, every Christmas gift is not meant to be placed under the tree. The OVO rapper unwrapped a stripper pole for Christmas and showed it off for his Instagram followers.
Perhaps to signal a naughty 2013, he posted this image of his new toy with his OVO Owl mascot sitting in the chair.
“Christmas gift to myself…#KODatthecrib #Areyouaperformer,” he wrote.
Aside from revealing his new present, he also took to Instagram to rain on the holiday merchandisers who were using his “YOLO” slogan to sell T-shirts and hats.
First he posted a picture of a rack of “YOLO” baseball caps, presumably in Walgreens. (They were selling for 2/ $12.99.) Along with the image, he posted this note: “Walgreens you gotta either chill or cut the cheque.”
Then he posted an picture of a T-shirt emblazoned with an image of Snoopy and Charlie Brown. The Peanuts characters can be seen posing under the words, “YOLO, that’s my motto.”
Drake’s note to the T-shirt sellers: “Macy’s…same goes for you.”
The term YOLO became instantly popular after Drake released “The Motto,” a single from his 2011 Take Care album. On the song, which also features Lil Wayne, Drake raps: “You only live once: that’s the motto f****** YOLO.”
–Erik Parker, CBS Local
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Pharrell Releases ‘Social Book,’ Which Relies on Readers to Help Write It
- Watch Kanye West & Rick Rubin’s Acceptance Video for Tribeca 808s Award
- Ultra Music Festival is Officially Staying in Miami
- Watch Katy Perry Go Undercover in ‘Birthday’
- One Direction Accused of Plagiarism with ‘You and I’ Video
- Deadmau5 Goes Off on Win Butler for Coachella Comments: ‘Arcade Fire Needs to Settle Down’