While R&B singer Ne-Yo gave the gift of R.E.D. to his fans in November, he has an idea of the gifts you should give music fans. Here is Ne-Yo’s list of ideal albums that will “definitely make you feel something” this holiday season.
1. Adele‘s debut set, 19.
“Everybody jumped on that 21.,” Ne-Yo said, referring to the U.K. singer’s latest album. “Go back to ‘Chasing Pavements.’ There is definitely something special in there.” [Gift Adele's 19, here]
2. Lana Del Rey’s Born To Die
“I would give Lana Del Rey’s album,” he told CBS Local. “It’s mood music. It’s emo and there is an element of hip-hop in the lyrical content. It is different, something to open your mind on.”
“I’m a huge fan of her voice, her talent. Again [it's] real mellow easy listening. It’s about expanding your mind and getting into some of the intricate elements of Jazz.” [Get Spalding's Chamber Music Society here.]
“I like her vibe. There is a vibe to her stuff that is refreshing. You haven’t heard anybody in the female R&B movement doing what she’s doing. She’s actually very cute too. Elle, holler at ya boy.” [Snatch up Elle's Perfectly Imperfect, here.]
5. RaVaughn Brown, Love Always
“She’s a new artist we’ve been working with. We just put out an EP on her called Love Always. It’s classic ’90s R&B like SWV and old Faith [Evans]. It’s music that you feel.”
For more ideas for gifts the season, check out Your Holiday Hints.
–E. Parker, CBS Local
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Avril Lavigne Goes To Marilyn Manson For Music And Style Advice
- Francis Bean Cobain Calls Out Kendall Jenner On Twitter
- Style Files: Beyoncé Curates Rent The Runway Boutique
- Carly Rae Jepsen Enlists Fans’ Help For New Song ‘Take A Picture’
- Dirty On The Dos: Jennifer Lopez’s Cell Phone Biz, Paris Hilton Signed By Lil Wayne & More!
- Battle Of The Boroughs: Staten Island Vs. New Jersey For Six Flags Tickets!