‘The Voice’ Pays Tribute To Sandy Hook With Touching “Hallelujah” Tribute
It’s only been days since 26 young children and teachers were taken from this Earth during the Sandy Hook shooting and many shows are doing their part to pay tribute. One of the first was Saturday Night Live who opened the show with the New York Children’s Choir singing “Silent Night.”
Last night, The Voice shared its own special moment when all four coaches, Adam Levine, Blake Shelton, Cee Lo Green and Christina Aguilera, along with host Carson Daly and social media guru Christina Milian and this season’s contestants all stood on stage holding a placard with each victim’s name on it. The group sang a goosebump-worthy rendition of Leonard Cohen’s “Hallelujah” and there wasn’t a dry eye in the house. The stage was lined with flickering candles and the twinkle of tears in all the stars’ eyes shows how closely this tragedy hit to their hearts, especially since some of the contestants and Aguilera all have small children.
They were paying tribute to the victims of Sandy Hook Elementary who were the center of the second deadliest school shooting in history this past Friday in Newtown, CT. According to CBS New York, 20 children ages six and seven were killed along with six adults, including the principal and school psychologist. Many stories of heroism are coming to light, including Maryann Jacob, who kept her students safe and quiet by distracting them with coloring books and Victoria Soto, who put herself between the shooter and her kids, giving them time to escape.
- How To Help The Families Of Sandy Hook Elementary School Tragedy
- Tips On How To Talk To Your Children About The Sandy Hook Shooting
- Mike Posner Releases Musical Tribute “Heaven” To Sandy Hook Victims
- OneRepublic Raises Money For The Families of the Sandy Hook Shootings
-Jodi Phillips/ The New 103.7
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Deadmau5 Test Drives Race Car, Tattoos Logo on Arm
- Puff Daddy Tops Forbes’ List of Hip-Hop’s Wealthiest for 2014
- 10 Women Who Should Headline Coachella In 2015
- Interview: Iggy Azalea On Fame, ‘Fancy’ and the Unattractively Talented
- Jay Z Is Bringing His Made in America Festival to the West Coast, While Still Keeping It In Philly
- Watch Taylor Swift Surprise a Fan at Her Bridal Shower