REWIND: Boy Band Award Snubs
This week on REWIND: Awards Show Edition we zero in on the big scandal of the 55th Annual GRAMMY awards — their One Directionsnub. Directioners are up in arms over the band’s lack of nominations (not even Best New Artist?!?) and they have legitimate reason to be!
Did you know:
• That One Direction’s debut album, released in March 2012, was the first ever #1 debut for a UK artist in the U.S.A.? Even the Beatles didn’t pull that trick off.
• That no boy band has ever won a GRAMMY? That’s right, while some have been nominated there is no hardware from the GRAMMYS in the homes of ‘NSYNC, the Backstreet Boys or New Kids on the Block. Could there be a conspiracy against boy bands at work?
-Courtney E. Smith, CBS Local
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Deadmau5 Test Drives Race Car, Tattoos Logo on Arm
- Puff Daddy Tops Forbes’ List of Hip-Hop’s Wealthiest for 2014
- 10 Women Who Should Headline Coachella In 2015
- Interview: Iggy Azalea On Fame, ‘Fancy’ and the Unattractively Talented
- Jay Z Is Bringing His Made in America Festival to the West Coast, While Still Keeping It In Philly
- Watch Taylor Swift Surprise a Fan at Her Bridal Shower