One Direction were named as one of Barbara Walters’ 10 Most Fascinating People last night. While there isn’t much about the boy band we don’t know, here are 5 highlights featured on her segment we were slightly shocked to learn.
1. The guys don’t style their own hair
How does Zayn Malik manage to keep that coif so perfect? He certainly doesn’t just sleep on it and run out to a performance. “I have a lot of help actually,” he admitted before Louis Tomlinson jumped in. “We style it for him,” he joked.
2. Joining forces to become a boy band was “a no brainer”
It’s well known that the boys all met while auditioning on the X Factor. After each individual singer was eliminated Simon Cowell then had the genius thought to bring them together as a boy band. But there had to be some tensions, right? Turns out there weren’t any, or at least that’s what they told Barbara Walters.
“It was like another new challenge for us to all get put together,” Harry Styles said. “We were so excited to have this new opportunity.”
“It was a no brainer. We wanted to see how far we’d get to be in the competition so we were like, ‘Cool, let’s give it a go!’”
3. Don’t expect the members to pull a Justin Timberlake
When asked if they ever considered a solo career all 5 gave a resounding “No!” It’s 5 of them or none of them, they asserted.
“We are absolutely having an amazing time. It’d be wrong to look at it and think, ‘When is this going to end?’” Louis said. “We’re enjoying it for the moment and at this moment we’re having a great time.”
4. Their fans stop at nothing to meet them
While this is pretty much a given, we were shocked to find out a throng of Swedish fans flashed the guys. They took their shirts and bras off and pressed their breasts against the window of 1D’s car.
“To the point that there were nipple marks on the car,” Louis exclaimed.
The first time that ever happened, the guys didn’t seem to mind.
“That’s what dreams are made of,” Harry joked.
5. Harry has an uncanny ability for catching bras while performing
Well, it turns out Harry’s dreams are coming true on a daily basis now. While each of the guys have caught a few bras onstage, Harry’s skills rival every member of the band.
“Harry caught a bra in the middle of singing a solo, it was wonderful. Good work, ” Liam Payne said.
— One Direction (@onedirection) December 13, 2012
-Annie Reuter, CBS Local
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Battle Of The Beats: Demi & Cher vs Mariah & Miguel
- Cody Simpson On What To Expect From His New Album ‘Surfers Paradise’
- Jennifer Lopez & Pitbull ‘Live It Up’ In Sultry New Video
- Miley Cyrus Announces New Single, Keeps Quiet About Justin Bieber Collabo
- Bet They See NYC Based Rapper Kwame Darko NOW
- Miguel Lands On Fan, Bieber Booed, Swift Wins Big At Billboard Music Awards