Neon Trees TV Ad Confusion
As part of an exclusive interview with KROQ/Los Angeles at this year’s Almost Acoustic Christmas show, Utah alt-rockers Neon Trees talked about their very high-profile TV commercial for luxury automotive brand Buick, even if the car they’re helping advertise has a tendency to get lost in the humorous spot.
“That was so fun,” recalled Neon Tress’ bassist Branden Campbell about filming the ad for the Buick Verano, which features the band rolling in a tour bus to the sounds of their single, “Everybody Talks.”
“It’s cool, because it’s actually a Buick commercial, but people think it’s the Pandora commercial,” Campbell continued with a laugh. “Some people think it’s the Neon Trees commercial, like we just have our own commercial these days that just airs during football games, and so we just sort of roll with that.”
While the band was quick to admit that the bus driver in the spot was not the one they use on tour, Neon Trees made fast friends (and a fan) out of their TV commercial co-star.
“We made really, really solid friends with him, and he comes to all of the shows now,” smile the band’s singer, Tyler Glenn. “Van’s a nice guy.”
“He is homeboys’ with Steppenwolf,” joked Campbell, referencing the classic rock band and FM radio staple. “He was born to be wild, dude. Come on.”
–Scott T. Sterling, CBS Local
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Interview: Sky Ferreira On Why Men Just Don’t Get It
- One Direction Working with Good Charlotte, Kodaline on Upcoming Album
- Watch the Phone: Jay Z & Kanye to Perform Together at SXSW
- Dirty On The Dos: Bieber Dedicates SXSW To Selena & Zac Efron Wants Another High School Musical!
- Stream Skrillex’s Debut Album ‘Recess’
- Lana Del Rey Announces 2014 North American Tour