50 Cent showed off a high-flying performance on Saturday (December 9) night with his debut as a boxing promoter. He swung into the arena to perform “My Life” before his fighter, Yuriorkis Gamboa, took the ring.
Before Manny Pacquiao Vs. Juan Manuel Marquez hit the ring for the main event at Las Vegas’ MGM Grand Garden, boxing fans were treated to 50 Cent’s show. He was lowered into the arena from above, for a dramatic entrance. Gamboa went on to secure the win in a unanimous decision over Michael Farenas, giving 50 his first victory as a promoter.
The G-Unit rapper’s boxing promoter license was approved by the Nevada State Athletic Commission in November with his new company SMS Promotions. He originally set up his company as TMT (The Money Team) with Floyd Mayweather, Jr. before the two had a public spat.
–E. Parker, CBS Local
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Diplo’s Got A New Holiday Compilation, ‘A Very Decent Christmas’
- New Music To Know: Sevyn Streeter Proves She’s More Than Just a Hit Songwriter on Debut EP
- Advertising Agency Trolls Internet with Video Featuring Kids Reciting Explicit Rap Lyrics
- Pharrell Says He’s Going ‘Rap-Free’ For New Solo Album
- Lana Del Rey Announces Title of ‘Born to Die’ Follow-Up
- Calorie Counting Teenagers: Serious Issue Or Passing Fad?