50 Cent Drops Into Ring For Boxing Promoter Debut
50 Cent showed off a high-flying performance on Saturday (December 9) night with his debut as a boxing promoter. He swung into the arena to perform “My Life” before his fighter, Yuriorkis Gamboa, took the ring.
Before Manny Pacquiao Vs. Juan Manuel Marquez hit the ring for the main event at Las Vegas’ MGM Grand Garden, boxing fans were treated to 50 Cent’s show. He was lowered into the arena from above, for a dramatic entrance. Gamboa went on to secure the win in a unanimous decision over Michael Farenas, giving 50 his first victory as a promoter.
The G-Unit rapper’s boxing promoter license was approved by the Nevada State Athletic Commission in November with his new company SMS Promotions. He originally set up his company as TMT (The Money Team) with Floyd Mayweather, Jr. before the two had a public spat.
–E. Parker, CBS Local
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Today’s Dirt: Katy Perry Pranks A ‘Birthday’ Party & NYPD’s Twitter #myNYPD Backfires!
- A Day With DJ Toro – Coming Soon! Watch the Teasers NOW!
- Steve Aoki Announces ‘Neon Future 1′ Release Date, Madison Square Garden Show
- Watch Skrillex, Diplo, A-Trak & Dillion Francis Star in Epic HARD Summer 2014 Trailer
- Watch Kermit and Miss Piggy Go EDM in ‘The Muppets Theme’ Remix Video
- Neon Trees Relive Personal History for ‘First Things First’ Video