50 Cent Drops Into Ring For Boxing Promoter Debut
50 Cent showed off a high-flying performance on Saturday (December 9) night with his debut as a boxing promoter. He swung into the arena to perform “My Life” before his fighter, Yuriorkis Gamboa, took the ring.
Before Manny Pacquiao Vs. Juan Manuel Marquez hit the ring for the main event at Las Vegas’ MGM Grand Garden, boxing fans were treated to 50 Cent’s show. He was lowered into the arena from above, for a dramatic entrance. Gamboa went on to secure the win in a unanimous decision over Michael Farenas, giving 50 his first victory as a promoter.
The G-Unit rapper’s boxing promoter license was approved by the Nevada State Athletic Commission in November with his new company SMS Promotions. He originally set up his company as TMT (The Money Team) with Floyd Mayweather, Jr. before the two had a public spat.
–E. Parker, CBS Local
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Pharrell and United Nations Foundation Team Up for International Day of Happiness 2014
- Ke$ha Is Feeling Better and Ready to Make Music
- Musicians + Sports: American Authors on Baseball, the Red Sox and Kanye West’s Aquatic Calling
- Swingers Anonymous: Ty Bentli Was Invited To A Swingers Party! Will He Go?
- Steve Aoki ‘Cakes’ Dog Whisperer Cesar Millan After Emergency Pooch Training
- Love Expert Rachel DeAlto’s Advice: How To Find The Love Of Your Life!