Just because you’re the most popular boy band in the world doesn’t mean you’ll be nominated for a GRAMMY. At least that’s how it looks for One Direction.
When CBS Local sat down with Asher Monroe we asked him what he thought the possibility of a GRAMMY nod for the boy band would be. He set the record straight and turned out to be right. While he admits he likes their songs, he didn’t expect them to get the industry’s recognition.
“I think they have a lot of hype behind them,” he confessed. “Personally, I don’t know. I don’t know if they’ve been around and proved themselves enough.”
The more he thought about it, the more certain he was that the boy band would not be nominated.
“I don’t think so. I’m not saying that I don’t like their music and I don’t like them, I just think that they’re very new and obviously there is always excitement when a new artist comes out,” Asher said. “I think someone like Adele or someone like that can earn something like that.”
So with One Direction without recognition as Best New Artist, who do you think will win?
-Annie Reuter, CBS Local
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Austin Mahone Drops Dancetastic Video for ‘Banga! Banga!’
- GRAMMY Gourmet: Josh Homme On His Kinship With Anthony Bourdain
- Kanye Rails Against the GRAMMYs Over His Lack of Nominations, Again
- Dirty On The Dos: Demi Opens Up, Gaga’s Duet With Britney & More!
- Listen to Ron Burgundy and Robin Thicke Duet on Christopher Cross’ ‘Ride Like the Wind’ for ‘Anchorman 2′
- Breakfast With Bryan: It’s Food Porn, But With A Twist! Julie’s Cantalope