“Ty Loves NY”‘s List Of Things You Should Consider Before Moving In With Your Significant Other
It’s been a slightly exciting (but also terrifying) couple of months for Ty Bentli and myself, Phone Screener Bryan on “Ty Loves NY”. Ty’s girlfriend Corri has “moved in” to his apartment last week, where it’ll be the first time they’ve lived together during their entire relationship. Exciting, but terrifying! I finally found a nice studio in Brooklyn where I’ll be making the big move out of Manhattan and away from my roommate into my own place! This will be the first time I’ve ever lived on my own, which is exciting but terrifying.
When some people think of roommates, they think of Craigslist and the creepy screening process one goes through in order to make sure they don’t end of living with the next serial killer of NYC. Thankfully Ty already has that relationship set with his girlfriend, and she’s not some creepy chick. So what is Ty so paranoid about? Quite simply, Ty is afraid of commitment, but he’s also unsure about what to do in preparation for living with his girlfriend!
Here’s a list of just a few things to do before you decide to live with your significant other, thanks to DivineCaroline.com. So if you are currently in need of a roommate and are thinking about making that next step, here you go:
1) Get On the Same Page: Make sure you’re both on the same page about where you’re going. If you were tired of commuting to his/her place and he’s/she’s thinking “marriage dry run”, it’s going to come to a head at some point.
2) Let the Dust Settle: You might be excited to finally SHARE things, but what happens if eventually things start to fall by the waist side? Why are you the only one buying groceries? Are you really the only one paying that electric bill? You agreed that his showering first was fine until you started to get frostbite…
3) Establish Your Own Personal Space: Nothing wrong with wanting your own free time, so make sure you set aside a place in your apartment/residence where you can do just that. Open up a book, soak in a tub, and don’t forget to spend time with your friends! In order to remain the same, wonderful person he fell in love with, you need to stay true to who you are.
4) Plan an Exit Strategy: Just in case things don’t go exactly as planned, there’s nothing in having a plan for exit. Make sure to have your own savings account. Knowing you can leave will likely mean you’ll want to stay.
Those are just a few points to remember, but thanks to one of our listeners, we found out first hand that when it comes to living with someone, finances are really important.
Are you currently living with significant other? Do you have a success story for Ty? Or did your relationship fail because you made the decision to move in together? Let Ty know in the comments below!
–Bryan Carstensen, 92.3 NOW
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Pharrell and United Nations Foundation Team Up for International Day of Happiness 2014
- Ke$ha Is Feeling Better and Ready to Make Music
- Musicians + Sports: American Authors on Baseball, the Red Sox and Kanye West’s Aquatic Calling
- Swingers Anonymous: Ty Bentli Was Invited To A Swingers Party! Will He Go?
- Steve Aoki ‘Cakes’ Dog Whisperer Cesar Millan After Emergency Pooch Training
- Love Expert Rachel DeAlto’s Advice: How To Find The Love Of Your Life!