Miguel doesn’t sound too happy with the state of R&B. The “Adorn” singer thinks the genre has become a caricature of itself using buzzwords like “sexy” and “sensual.” Miguel wants his new album Kaleidoscope Dream to go back to a time before that.
“It was creative and progressive for its time, you know what I’m saying? Somehow I feel we’ve lost sight of that,” he admitted. “For this album, for me it’s my way of hopefully reminding people that R&B doesn’t have to have a specific aesthetic. It doesn’t have to have specific topic. It’s not reserved for the bedroom.”
Miguel can’t help but not be romantic though. In fact, he confessed that he was thinking about his longtime girlfriend when coming up with the lyrics for “Adorn.”
“I was just missing her. I hopped on a plane and I was hearing these chords in my head for the past week,” he said. “I’ve been playing with this word adorn and I was like ‘man that would be so cool.’”
You’ll have plenty of chances to see the romantic Miguel in the future as he lists touring as one of his favorite things.
“There’s no substitute for connecting on a personal level in a live setting.”
“Adorn” is the first single off Kaleidoscope Dream, and is available everywhere.
-AJ Gordon, 97.1 AMP Radio/Los Angeles
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Demi Lovato Addresses Rehab Stint At Chicago Concert: ‘I’ve Gotten Through It And You Can Do It Too’
- Win Passes To “The Way Way Back” Screening
- Kanye West Recreates ‘American Psycho’ With Scott Disick For ‘Yeezus’
- Battle Of The Beats: Fifth Harmony vs Austin Mahone
- Lil’ Wayne Treads On American Flag In New Music Video
- Daft Punk Geeks Out On Star Wars, Paul McCartney, Brian Wilson & J.J. Abrams