Zann’s #FanGirl Moment: Midnight Red Covers Taylor Swift
The group is made up of five guys: Joey, Eric, Anthony, Thomas and Colton.
What I know about them:
- Joey: Probably one of the nicest people I’ve ever met. Down to earth, driven and a voice that even the angels dream of having.
- Eric: Really quiet and mysterious guy. Knows how to pull off an ugly Christmas sweater. Unbelievably beautiful voice.
- Anthony: I think he’s one of the ladies favorites. Eyelashes for days. Unfortunately, from all the twitter and instagram creepin’ I do, he’s taken….sorry ladies. He can sing too.
- Thomas: The bad boy of the group possibly? My guess he’s just a gentle teddy bear going through a phase. His voice is unique and doesn’t have your typical boy band sound. He won’t be blending in with the crowd anytime soon.
- Colton: I won’t even get started. You could be here reading for days.
- SEE ALSO: Midnight Red Plays Truth or Dare With Lulu & Lala
- PHOTOS: Midnight Red Visits 92.3 NOW in NYC
- SEE ALSO: Midnight Red: Colton’s Obsession With Granny Panties
I found out about these boys about two months ago when I was getting bombarded with tweets to play their single “Hell Yeah.” Basically, they sent the #redheads after me. Everyday, after me. I had no choice but to check them out, and well, I liked what was going on there. I played their song (Can you believe it? If you request a song, we actually play it!). A few weeks later they stopped by and interviewed with Lulu and Lala before performing at The Gramercy.
That’s the back story.
After all of that nonsense, which was a whirlwind of fangirl mania… I did some searching. Who is Midnight Red? They have no album out. It’s expected out in 2013… their single “Hell Yeah” is unleashing in January, or so I hear. With no album in stores for you to run out to get… what is there then? A LOT of covers. These aren’t just any ordinary covers. These are covers that have some work put into them.
For the past week or so, they have been teasing some huge cover they were going to premiere on November 28th at 7pm Pacific Time. It came as a surprise when they covered America’s sweetheart, Taylor Swift. Not only did they put a spin on the song, but also created an entire music video around their cover.
Here’s Midnight Red’s cover and video of Taylor Swift‘s “I Knew You Were Trouble”:
Here’s the original from Taylor Swift herself:
I have my opinions on who did the song better, but what I want to know is who YOU think did the song better:
If you’re dying to see other covers from Midnight Red, here yah go…
Midnight Red Covers One Direction’s “What Makes You Beautiful”
Midnight Red Covers NKOTB’s “Step By Step”
Midnight Red Covers NSYNC’s “This I Promise You”
–Zann, 92.3 NOW
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Major Lazer Teams Up with Pharrell and an ‘Aerosol Can’
- Wu-Tang Clan Fans Launch Kickstarter to Raise $5 Million For One of a Kind Album
- Interview: Zedd Puts Out a Call For a ‘Stay The Night’ Condom Confetti Cannon
- Drake Narrates a Commercial For The Toronto Raptors
- Austin Mahone Drops ‘Till I Find You,’ New Album Track Listing
- One Direction Morph Into Each Other For ‘You & I’ Video