Should Elmo Be Evicted From Sesame Street?
I am sure you have heard that Kevin Clash resigned as the voice of Elmo because of inappropriate accusations with, not one, but three minors! Sesame street has said regardless of Kevin’s indiscretions, Elmo’s character will remain on the show but will be voiced by another actor.
But should it be? Hear me out!
If the voice of Big Bird or Cookie Monster was accused of something inappropriate, I could see their characters staying because we don’t know who the voices are.
But because Kevin was the star of a documentary called Being Elmo: Documentary about Muppeteer Kevin Clash, we not only know who the voice of Elmo is, but we know what he looks and where he lives; putting a face with a name, which I believe makes the whole situation uncomfortable for me as a mom of two children.
With that being said, should Elmo be allowed to remain a character on Sesame Street?
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Watch Beyoncé Make It Clear, She’s Not Bossy, She’s The Boss
- Skrillex Announces 2014 ‘Mothership Tour’ Across North America
- 92.3 NOW’s Jay Dabhi Releases New Single “Say Hey!”
- Rixton Talks “Make Out” Music Video & Next Single
- Frank Ocean, Diplo & The Clash Collaborate on New Track ‘Hero’
- Justin Bieber’s Wink at the End of His Deposition Could Tear This World Asunder