I am sure you have heard that Kevin Clash resigned as the voice of Elmo because of inappropriate accusations with, not one, but three minors! Sesame street has said regardless of Kevin’s indiscretions, Elmo’s character will remain on the show but will be voiced by another actor.
But should it be? Hear me out!
If the voice of Big Bird or Cookie Monster was accused of something inappropriate, I could see their characters staying because we don’t know who the voices are.
But because Kevin was the star of a documentary called Being Elmo: Documentary about Muppeteer Kevin Clash, we not only know who the voice of Elmo is, but we know what he looks and where he lives; putting a face with a name, which I believe makes the whole situation uncomfortable for me as a mom of two children.
With that being said, should Elmo be allowed to remain a character on Sesame Street?
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Justin Timberlake, Taylor Swift, Coldplay, U2 & Jared Leto Up For Golden Globes
- Kelly Clarkson to Appear on TVs’ ‘Nashville’
- Dirty On The Dos: Kanye’s GRAMMYs Rant, 50 Shades Goes Full Frontal & Mariah Cracks!
- Breakfast With Bryan: It’s Food Porn, But With A Twist! Nancy’s Pop Tart
- Austin Mahone Drops Dancetastic Video for ‘Banga! Banga!’
- GRAMMY Gourmet: Josh Homme On His Kinship With Anthony Bourdain