According to Nielsen SoundScan, Unapologetic sold 238,000 copies in its first week, making it the bajan singer’s biggest sales week of her career. It’s a far cry from the 1.2 million copies sold by Taylor Swift–whose Red album holds the second position at with 180,000 copies sold this week–but for Rihanna, it was enough to top the 207,000 sales week from her next biggest first-week seller, Loud (2010).
On Tuesday (November 27) she took to Twitter to tell her fans that she was shedding tears for the honor and to thank her “Navy” for their support.
“Wait!!!!! What the F***?!!!! #UNAPOLOGETIC just debuted at #1 in AMERICA!!!!! My first number 1 album there!!! Thank you Navy, u deserve it,” she tweeted. “I’m legit crying…”
Below, find a listing Rihanna’s albums that charted in the top 10, according to Billboard.
2005–Music of the Sun (No. 10)
2006– A Girl Like Me (No. 5)
2007– Good Girl Gone Bad (No. 2)
2009– Rated R (No. 4)
2010– Loud (No. 3)
2011– Talk That Talk (No. 3)
–E. Parker, CBS Local
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- GRAMMY Nominations Behind the Scenes: Lorde Takes a Bow, Arsenio Fires Back at Kanye
- And the GRAMMY Nominees Are: Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Jay Z, Kendrick Lamar and Justin Timberlake
- GRAMMY Nominees 2014: The Full List
- John Mayer Talks New Single ‘Who You Love’ and ‘That Photo’ with Katy Perry
- Kendrick Lamar & Dr. Dre Preview New Song in Commercial
- R. Kelly Honors Nelson Mandela on ‘Arsenio Hall Show’