Rihanna Sheds Tears As ‘Unapologetic’ Hits No.1: “I’m Legit Crying”
According to Nielsen SoundScan, Unapologetic sold 238,000 copies in its first week, making it the bajan singer’s biggest sales week of her career. It’s a far cry from the 1.2 million copies sold by Taylor Swift–whose Red album holds the second position at with 180,000 copies sold this week–but for Rihanna, it was enough to top the 207,000 sales week from her next biggest first-week seller, Loud (2010).
On Tuesday (November 27) she took to Twitter to tell her fans that she was shedding tears for the honor and to thank her “Navy” for their support.
“Wait!!!!! What the F***?!!!! #UNAPOLOGETIC just debuted at #1 in AMERICA!!!!! My first number 1 album there!!! Thank you Navy, u deserve it,” she tweeted. “I’m legit crying…”
Below, find a listing Rihanna’s albums that charted in the top 10, according to Billboard.
2005–Music of the Sun (No. 10)
2006– A Girl Like Me (No. 5)
2007– Good Girl Gone Bad (No. 2)
2009– Rated R (No. 4)
2010– Loud (No. 3)
2011– Talk That Talk (No. 3)
–E. Parker, CBS Local
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Watch Kanye West & Rick Rubin’s Acceptance Video for Tribeca 808s Award
- Ultra Music Festival is Officially Staying in Miami
- Watch Katy Perry Go Undercover in ‘Birthday’
- One Direction Accused of Plagiarism with ‘You and I’ Video
- Deadmau5 Goes Off on Win Butler for Coachella Comments: ‘Arcade Fire Needs to Settle Down’
- Steve Aoki Talks “Neon Future” Collabs, Aoki Jumping & Tackling His Biggest Gig Ever