How Much Will Deadmau5 Make In 2012?
According to Forbes’ Electronic Cash Kings list, the mou5-headed DJ/producer is pulling in an annual income of a cool $11.5 million while CelebrityNetWorth recently ranked him at #18, banking an even more impressive $12 million on their World’s Richest DJs list.
But according to the Canadian-born dance music producer, his yearly haul is nowhere near the double-digit numbers bandied about by the bean counters.
During an interview at Billboard’s FutureSound Conference, Joel Zimmerman (aka Deadmau5) disputed the Forbes report. He began by issuing a warning that calculating gross ticket and album sales can be very misleading, since the artist only takes home a fraction. “We all know that with bands and musicians and artists, nobody gets gross. If we got gross we’d all own countries,” joked Zimmerman.
So just how much money does Zimmerman make annually?
“After I saw the article, I called my manager and said, ‘Yo, what the f—? I’m $9 million short, dude. We gotta talk!” “If we go through our figures, nobody is making that kind of money.” emphasized Zimmerman.
With simple subtraction one can deduct that Zimmerman rakes in somewhere in the neighborhood of $2.5 million, which sounds surprisingly small considering the endless stacks of licensed Mau5head merchandise lining retails shelves in malls across the country.
– Jay Tilles, CBS Local
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Listen to Afrojack’s Remix Of Thirty Seconds to Mars’ ‘Do Or Die’
- Justin Bieber’s DUI Trial Delayed to May 5
- Interview: Sky Ferreira On Why Men Just Don’t Get It
- One Direction Working with Good Charlotte, Kodaline on Upcoming Album
- Watch the Phone: Jay Z & Kanye to Perform Together at SXSW
- Dirty On The Dos: Bieber Dedicates SXSW To Selena & Zac Efron Wants Another High School Musical!