The man who created a dance phenomenon now has something else to celebrate.
Over the weekend, South Korean rapper PSY learned that his song “Gangnam Style” became the most-watched YouTube video. It’s a feat that hasn’t been surpassed since Justin Bieber’s “Baby” over two years ago.
The song debuted on YouTube on July 15 of this year and on Saturday broke Bieber’s record of 803,732,000 views. With over 826 million views and nearly 5.5 million likes, the PSY phenomenon is showing no signs of slowing down.
— PSY (@psy_oppa) November 24, 2012
From Madonna dancing along with PSY at her recent New York tour stop to Britney Spears and Carrie Underwood reenacting the moves on television, musicians and celebrities alike have shared their congratulations and love for the song.
— Jay Sean (@jaysean) November 24, 2012
I am LOVING this video – so fun! Thinking that I should possibly learn the choreography. Anybody wanna teach me?!haha britspears.me/159zje
— Britney Spears (@britneyspears) August 28, 2012
Words cannot even describe how amazing this video is… youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7…
— T-Pain (@TPAIN) July 29, 2012
It’s a Gangnam Style world, we’re just living in it. Amazing video. bit.ly/PVPJ4p
— josh groban (@joshgroban) August 1, 2012
-Annie Reuter, CBS Local
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- GRAMMY Nominations Behind the Scenes: Lorde Takes a Bow, Arsenio Fires Back at Kanye
- And the GRAMMY Nominees Are: Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Jay Z, Kendrick Lamar and Justin Timberlake
- GRAMMY Nominees 2014: The Full List
- John Mayer Talks New Single ‘Who You Love’ and ‘That Photo’ with Katy Perry
- Kendrick Lamar & Dr. Dre Preview New Song in Commercial
- R. Kelly Honors Nelson Mandela on ‘Arsenio Hall Show’