Beyonce is a mother in real life and now she will be a Mother Nature character on the big screen. She will be staring in an animated 3D film called Epic, which is set to hit theaters in the summer of 2013.
According to USA Today, The tale is being helmed by Oscar-winning Chris Wedge, who directed 2002′s original Ice Age and it is based on William Joyce’s 1996 book The Leaf Men and the Brave Good Bugs.
Queen Bey will be lending her voice to Queen Tara who, according to Wedge, is “sworn to protect the forest.” The mother nature
character wears a green gown, much like Disney’s Princess Tiana’s, and is made to resemble the pop star.
The film follows the miniature lives of the forest dwellers, which include leaf-armored warriors who are at war in a world beneath our noses. While movie goers are already trying to peg the film into something that has already been, Wedge thinks most guestimates are off base.
“I hate to associate it with other movies,” he told the USA Today. “It is adventure on the scale of Star Wars. And it does immerse the audience completely in a world like Avatar. But it has its own personality.”
–E. Parker, CBS Local
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Win Grape Nuts Fit + Gym Membership
- 92.3 NOW’s Long Weekend At The Beach!
- Star-Studded Tribute Pushes Cancer Victim’s Song Toward Chart Debut
- Far East Movement Apologise For Good Day NY Fail, Knock More Stuff Over At 92.3 NOW
- Charli XCX Goes Full-On Club Kid For ‘Take My Hand’ Video
- Jennifer Hudson Rumored To Join ‘American Idol’ As Judge