If record sales are any indication, that’s what they’d be saying. The guys of One Direction managed to nab the #1 sales spot in the country this week, moving over 540,000 copies of their sophomore album Take Me Home and earning themselves the third highest debut of the year along with gold status in just one week.
It’s not bad placement for the guys at all and they’ll see a continued spike when Black Friday hits this week, especially from the special edition of their album being sold at Target with five bonus tracks — and their feature in Target’s current holiday commercial campaign.
But the highest debut of 2012 stays with Taylor Swift. Her album Red sold 1.2 million in it’s first week. That makes it not only the highest selling debut of this year, but the highest since 2002. And it means the difference of 660,000 units between Taylor and One Direction’s first weeks is actually more than the boy band managed to sell out of the gate.
-Courtney E. Smith, CBS Local
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Despite No New Music, One Direction Aims To Rule Summer With Book, 3-D Film & Tour
- DJ YONNY & Crew Pimp Out VH1′s Master Of The Mix Set
- Lala’s Mystery Booth Adventure: What “Items” Would You Be Embarrassed To Have Others See?
- Backstreet’s Back: Charli XCX Covers ‘I Want It That Way’
- Rihanna’s ‘Styled To Rock’ Inches Closer Toward U.S. Premiere
- Dirty On The Dos: Farrah Abraham’s Reality Show, Anthony Weiner’s Mayor Bid & More!