Nicki Minaj Reveals New Signee: “Parker Is My First Official Artist”
Nicki Minaj, who is signed to Lil Wayne‘s Young Money record imprint is looking to become a King/Queen maker in her own right. She recently revealed her plans for a record label of her own with artists she will guide through the music industry.
On Thursday (Nov. 15), Minaj made an announcement about her first signee. The London-based Nigerian singer Parker Ighile, who appears on ”Hell Yeah,” from her Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded The Re-Up album, is her first “official artist.”
Not only is Parker singing on the song, but Nicki pointed out on Twitter that he “produced the beat and wrote the hook.”
Parker’s twitter (@ParkerIghile) was flooded with Barbz who immediately went to his page to congratulate him after Minaj’s announcement.
“Whoa! Woke up to all this love, thanks everybody,” Parker wrote.
As far as the name for her new venture, she said she will have to rethink the “pink” theme.
“Not calln’ it pink Friday records anymore barbz,” she tweeted. “Not fair 2 the dudes. I’ll issue a press release w/the official name very soon.”
–Erik Parker, CBS Local
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Stream Skrillex’s Debut Album ‘Recess’
- Lana Del Rey Announces 2014 North American Tour
- Justin Bieber Surprises SXSW With Intimate Show Surrounded By Screams
- Can You Guess The Baddest B*tch? Win Up To $600 For Prom @ Woodbridge Center Mall!
- Watch Beyoncé Make It Clear, She’s Not Bossy, She’s The Boss
- Skrillex Announces 2014 ‘Mothership Tour’ Across North America