Nicki Minaj, who is signed to Lil Wayne‘s Young Money record imprint is looking to become a King/Queen maker in her own right. She recently revealed her plans for a record label of her own with artists she will guide through the music industry.
On Thursday (Nov. 15), Minaj made an announcement about her first signee. The London-based Nigerian singer Parker Ighile, who appears on ”Hell Yeah,” from her Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded The Re-Up album, is her first “official artist.”
Not only is Parker singing on the song, but Nicki pointed out on Twitter that he “produced the beat and wrote the hook.”
Parker’s twitter (@ParkerIghile) was flooded with Barbz who immediately went to his page to congratulate him after Minaj’s announcement.
“Whoa! Woke up to all this love, thanks everybody,” Parker wrote.
As far as the name for her new venture, she said she will have to rethink the “pink” theme.
“Not calln’ it pink Friday records anymore barbz,” she tweeted. “Not fair 2 the dudes. I’ll issue a press release w/the official name very soon.”
–Erik Parker, CBS Local
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- From Donna Summer To Daft Punk, Giorgio Moroder Transcends Generations At First DJ Set In Brooklyn
- Maroon 5 Releases Paint-Drenched ‘Love Somebody’ Video
- Robin Thicke Talks ‘Unrated’ Video
- New Beyoncé Song ‘Grown Woman’ Explores Feminine Power
- Sex Shops, OBGYN, Oh My! The Most Inappropriate Place You’ve Brought Your Child Is…
- Jennifer Lopez Talks Motherhood with Zann