A family whose home was ravaged by Hurricane Sandy out in Breezy Point, Queens was relieved when they found out their baseball card collection was not only unharmed, but it was completely in mint condition! The collection is going to help them pay for their son’s college tuition! It goes to show, sometimes a strange investment just might pay off in the end.
Baseball cards aren’t that weird or strange of an investment… but what happens if you collect hundreds of Nike shoes? On ‘Ty Loves NY’ this morning, the crew took calls from the Tri-state revealing their odd investments that just might pay off.
I remember back during my childhood, Glow Worms, Barbies and even Furby’s were the it things to collect! People have Pokemon cards, Dragon Ball Z and even Tickle-Me-Elmo’s.
What are the things that you have collected over the years, that one day you’re going to trade in for some mad money? Sound off in the comments below!
–Bryan Carstensen, 92.3 NOW
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Win Grape Nuts Fit + Gym Membership
- 92.3 NOW’s Long Weekend At The Beach!
- Star-Studded Tribute Pushes Cancer Victim’s Song Toward Chart Debut
- Far East Movement Apologise For Good Day NY Fail, Knock More Stuff Over At 92.3 NOW
- Charli XCX Goes Full-On Club Kid For ‘Take My Hand’ Video
- Jennifer Hudson Rumored To Join ‘American Idol’ As Judge