Calvin Harris Explains Why He Hates Red Carpets
Winning awards doesn’t sound like a big deal to Calvin. He’s nominated for an American Music Award along with David Guetta and Skrillex for Favorite Artist – Electronic Dance Music, but had to be reminded of his nomination.
“Awards are a very new thing to me. I hate red carpets and I hate people looking at me generally and taking pictures and stuff. I hate all that stuff.”
Calvin has run into some bad red carpet experiences before. At the MTV Video Music Awards a photographer got him confused with a similar looking actor.
“Maybe 80% of the people don’t even know who you are,” he admitted. “They say, ‘What do you do?’ You’re told to stop, and they take pictures of you, but the people taking pictures aren’t even really sure who you are.”
News and music sites used that actor’s photo for Calvin Harris stories from that point on. He joked it would be better to just use a question mark for his face.
-AJ Gordon, 97.1 AMP Radio/Los Angeles
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Pharrell and United Nations Foundation Team Up for International Day of Happiness 2014
- Ke$ha Is Feeling Better and Ready to Make Music
- Musicians + Sports: American Authors on Baseball, the Red Sox and Kanye West’s Aquatic Calling
- Swingers Anonymous: Ty Bentli Was Invited To A Swingers Party! Will He Go?
- Steve Aoki ‘Cakes’ Dog Whisperer Cesar Millan After Emergency Pooch Training
- Love Expert Rachel DeAlto’s Advice: How To Find The Love Of Your Life!