According to reports, hip hop superstar Jay-Z and iconic British band Coldplay are scheduled to ring in the new year rocking at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York for a special New Year’s eve concert.
The show will come after Jay-Z’s eight-night stint opening the new Brooklyn Nets arena in September.
In addition to their scheduled new year’s eve concert, Coldplay have also scheduled a December 29 date at the Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Connecticut. Frontman Chris Martin and his group will also perform as a solo act at the Barclays Center on December 30th. Tickets for this year’s New Year’s Eve show are slated to go on sale Saturday, Nov. 17 at 10:00 a.m., EST.
Jay-Z and Martin, who aren’t strangers when it comes to music collaborations, worked together on the song “Beach Chair” in 2006. They also celebrated New Year’s together in the United Kingdom; Martin and Jay-Z performed at the Cosmopolitan Hotel in Las Vegas back in 2011.
So will you celebrate your New Year with “Jigga” Chris Martin? Check out video of the two performing below!
Cicely C. Mitchell, Hot 95.7/Houston
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- DJ Earworm Releases “United State of Pop 2013″
- Get Some Green In Your Stocking, Like Jason from W. New York
- One Direction Makes Chart History with ‘Midnight Memories’
- Style Files: Drake Partnering With Nike and Air Jordan
- Jay Z Goes Vegan for Health, Supporting His Friend’s Business
- Do You Want Fat Bridesmaids In Your Wedding? Lulu Says “Hell No!”