Before Mariah Carey joined American Idol for a whopping $17 million, pop princess Britney Spears was hired on The X Factor for a record-breaking $15 million, to be the highest paid judge in reality television. Britney’s name alone has pulled in record ratings whenever she appeared on television, so Simon figured it would work out in his favor for the struggling X Factor. Unfortunately, things haven’t gone in his favor.
The second season’s ratings have dropped and Britney is said to be part of the blame. People claim she isn’t a credible judge and that $15 million is too much to pay someone who doesn’t technically “have the credentials.” However, with the struggling ratings, Simon was able to convince FOX to carry the show for a third season, kicking off next year!
Will Britney Spears join in for the third season?
When she was asked about it on the red carpet last night at a party for the finalists, she had a very clear answer.
“Yes, I definitely will.”
Do you watch “X Factor”? Are you a fan of Britney’s judging? Should she be considered for another year? Or do we just not care enough? Sound off in the comments below!
–Bryan Carstensen, 92.3 NOW
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Tell Us Your Best Holiday Party Story And Win $500
- Remembering Nelson Mandela: Music Community Mourns
- Diplo’s Got A New Holiday Compilation, ‘A Very Decent Christmas’
- New Music To Know: Sevyn Streeter Proves She’s More Than Just a Hit Songwriter on Debut EP
- Advertising Agency Trolls Internet with Video Featuring Kids Reciting Explicit Rap Lyrics
- Pharrell Says He’s Going ‘Rap-Free’ For New Solo Album