It’s been a rough week and some days for parts of the tri state. When Sandy came and gone, she left destruction in her wake: houses gone, streets flooded, city-wide power outages, etc.
Fast forward one week forward and people are STILL without food, electricity and shelter.
As the weather gets worse, and the Nor’ Easter’ approaches, 92.3 NOW has hit up locations across all five boroughs (plus NJ) to help others in need! But we weren’t alone. People all over the area have helped as well. Normal citizens who felt the need to donate, contribute and do what is needed to make sure their neighbors, friends and even strangers survive through this ordeal.
- WATCH: Ty, Lulu & Lala Explain Emergency Rations & Do a Taste Test
- Photos from Tuesday’s donation location in W. Nyack: [PHOTOS]
- Photos from Sunday in Queens: [PHOTOS]
- Photos from our Saturday on Staten Island: [PHOTOS]
- Photos from Brooklyn on Friday taking in donations: [PHOTOS]
On today’s ‘Ty Loves NY’, the crew reached out to the Tri-state, and heard some remarkable stories from people like you:
Help NY NOW is continuing until we have reached as many areas as possible.
If you feel your location needs help (or know of any) please share in the comments below, or call 888-923-0923 and we will gladly talk!
Do you know of any remarkable stories you’ve encountered during the aftermath of Sandy? Share below!
Sandy In Photos:
- Hurricane Sandy: “Frankenstorm” In Photos
- The Damage Levied By Hurricane Sandy
- Heartbreaking Images Of Breezy Point After Hurricane Sandy
- Hurricane Sandy Hits Hard On Staten Island
–Bryan Carstensen, 92.3 NOW
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Maroon 5 Releases Paint-Drenched ‘Love Somebody’ Video
- Robin Thicke Talks ‘Unrated’ Video
- New Beyoncé Song ‘Grown Woman’ Explores Feminine Power
- Sex Shops, OBGYN, Oh My! The Most Inappropriate Place You’ve Brought Your Child Is…
- Jennifer Lopez Talks Motherhood with Zann
- ‘The X Factor’ Adds Two New Judges: Kelly Rowland And Paulina Rubio