Help New York City/NJ NOW… CBS Cares!
All last week and continuing this week, 92.3 NOW and CBS Radio New York are setting up at various locations in the tri-state area with station vans, Academy buses and “fun buses” to collect needed items that will be distributed to aid victims of super storm Sandy.
Main Items Needed:
- Cleaning Supplies: shovels, Garbage bags, gloves, heavy duty brooms, bleach, Lysol….
- Goggles for eye protection
- Face masks
- Batteries: mostly “D” and “AA”
- Blankets – space blankets (also known as a Mylar blanket, first aid blanket, emergency blanket, thermal blanket or weather blanket)
- Anything that produces HEAT!!
RIGHT NOW CLOTHES ARE NOT NEEDED!
LATEST CBS CARES DONATION LOCATIONS:
- TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 13th: 11am – 4pm - LOMAN AUTO (Rte.1 Woodbridge, NJ)
- THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 15th: 11am – 4pm - WESTFIELD GARDEN STATE PLAZA (Paramus, NJ)
More locations to come…
WE ARE LOOKING FOR DROP OFF AREAS FOR THE BRONX DONATIONS AND THE IZOD DONATIONS THAT ARE ANYWHERE SOUTH or SOUTH-WEST from CROTON-ON-HUDSON and along the Hudson river….Please let us know if you know of any!
HELP NY NOW/CBS Cares
We’ve been packing our buses to the tippy top with supplies for Hurricane Sandy victims in the tri-state! Check out some photos and video below!
- Gathering Donations @ Ikea On Sunday [PHOTOS]
- Gathering Donations @ Ikea On Friday [PHOTOS]
- Gathering Donations @ NYIT in Long Island On Thursday: [PHOTOS]
- Gathering donations @ Bally Total Fitness, Queens on Thursday:[PHOTOS]
- Delivering donations in Monmouth County, NJ on Wednesday: [PHOTOS]
- Here are some photos from Tuesday in W. Nyack: [PHOTOS]
HELP NY NOW – Brooklyn/Staten Island/Queens
On SUNDAY (Nov. 4th from 10AM-4PM) we were at THE RESORTS WORLD CASINO IN QUEENS. The Red Cross was stationed there too as well as another organization, CHOKA LYME, whose motto is “SIMPLE PEOPLE, DOING SIMPLE THINGS IN A BIG WAY”.
Here are some photos from Sunday in Queens: [PHOTOS]
We also had BBQ’d Productions all the way from Round Lake Beach, Illinois that drove all the way just to help feed those in need in the disaster areas. Their efforts can be followed on FB at Operation Food Relief For Sandy Victims.
On Saturday (Nov. 3), our suburban was packed and we delivered food and water to some needy people in New Dorp Beach, Oakwood Beach, Great Kills Beach and more on Staten Island on Saturday. We got a little bit of everything out there…
Here are some photos from our Saturday on Staten Island: [PHOTOS]
We also had a super successful first day in Brooklyn on Friday (Nov. 2) taking in donations: [PHOTOS]
AGAIN: We are asking for blankets, water, baby formula, non-perishable items…
We will be setting up more donation locations and will update the list right here.
- Hurricane Sandy: “Frankenstorm” In Photos
- EVERYONE Is Waiting For A Bus To Go Into New York City
- The Damage Levied By Hurricane Sandy
- Heartbreaking Images Of Breezy Point After Hurricane Sandy
- Hurricane Sandy On Staten Island
- People Doing Everything BUT Stay Inside During Sandy
More Sandy Content:
- Chopper 23 vs Sandy – Amazing SI Aerial Rescues
- Hurricane Sandy: Musicians Take To Twitter
- Recovery Mix: Songs To Help You Clean Up After Sandy
- Netflix Streaming Suggestions If Stranded By Sandy
- Picking Up the Emotional Pieces After Sandy
- Sandy Recovery Begins
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Austin Mahone Drops Dancetastic Video for ‘Banga! Banga!’
- GRAMMY Gourmet: Josh Homme On His Kinship With Anthony Bourdain
- Kanye Rails Against the GRAMMYs Over His Lack of Nominations, Again
- Dirty On The Dos: Demi Opens Up, Gaga’s Duet With Britney & More!
- Listen to Ron Burgundy and Robin Thicke Duet on Christopher Cross’ ‘Ride Like the Wind’ for ‘Anchorman 2′
- Breakfast With Bryan: It’s Food Porn, But With A Twist! Julie’s Cantalope