Katy Perry Tapped By Obama Campaign To Rally Supporters
Katy Perry has been tapped by President Barack Obama’s reelection campaign to rally supporters during a Las Vegas concert this Wednesday.
Eric Ortner of the campaign’s Entertainment Advisory Council, told media outlets that Obama is looking for the votes of those who are critical in deciding the outcome of the presidential election.
“The president will be reaching out to as many voters as possible on the critical choice in this election — moving America forward with an economy built to last for a strong middle class, versus going back to the same policies that crashed our economy in the first place,” Ortner said.
Perry has used her stardom in the past to lend support for Obama as she recently sang at a fundraiser concert in Los Angeles for President Obama.
— Katy Perry (@katyperry) October 23, 2012
Wednesday’s free concert will be at 6:00 p.m. at a neighborhood block party in Las Vegas. Perry is not the only musician who has shown support for Obama. On Tuesday Bruce Springsteen is slated to perform a free pro-Obama concert in Charlottesville, Virginia, after a slew of similar concerts last week.
-Cicely C. Mitchell, Hot 95.7/Houston
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Watch Beyoncé Make It Clear, She’s Not Bossy, She’s The Boss
- Skrillex Announces 2014 ‘Mothership Tour’ Across North America
- 92.3 NOW’s Jay Dabhi Releases New Single “Say Hey!”
- Rixton Talks “Make Out” Music Video & Next Single
- Frank Ocean, Diplo & The Clash Collaborate on New Track ‘Hero’
- Justin Bieber’s Wink at the End of His Deposition Could Tear This World Asunder